Sons' sorrow

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well, to be fair they aren't going to say "the calibre has been utter dug shite, but we'll see what we can do".

I'd love it if they did say that though.

They could've just said that applications will close, as Consolidate points out it creates a sense of expectation. 

10 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Enlighten us...

Nothing to enlighten you with - just trying to join the dots. The story in the Sun was written by a "house name". Duffy writes for the Sun so it more than possible that he has asked them to put his name out there and the board has responded by giving him until 4.00pm this afternoon to send in his application.

Duff Man says, oh yeah.

Edited by Sons FC

Knowing how careful our webmaster is with his words, I'm pleased to be reading that. 

It does mean that from 4pm today my F5 key will be taking an almost constant beating by my index finger, but it's pleasing none the less.

Edited by The Moonster

5 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Doubt we will get an appointment today

Applications closed at 4pm, interview with outstanding candidate at 6pm (after pampering them with a Sloany 3 courser and as much wine as they need), contract signed for 8pm, announcement with John Steele and our new man standing atop Dumbarton Rock, absolutely blootered, holding a Dumbarton scarf above their heads at 9pm.  Easy.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Applications closed at 4pm, interview with outstanding candidate at 6pm (after pampering them with a Sloany 3 courser and as much wine as they need), contract signed for 8pm, announcement with John Steele and our new man standing atop Dumbarton Rock, absolutely blootered, holding a Dumbarton scarf above their heads at 9pm.  Easy.

Awesome bring it on

Edited by lorenzo71

5 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Some interviews were done Saturday, so if no one else is interesting, our board may have decided already, but just going through the motions.

Will our players be in tonight minus a manager? Presumably yeah with durrant and McPherson

It'll be Durrant and Ewings. McPherson isn't employed by the club.

Not in any way the management job, but one guy I'd like to see brought aboard in a coaching capacity is Toby King.

He's doing wonders with the Vale U-20s - many of whom were let go by DFC - and is highly thought of by the players (a  friend's son plays for them). I realise it is a big step up and I have no idea about his qualifications, but I'd hope Sons could consider some sort of position for him before someone else does.

Not in any way the management job, but one guy I'd like to see brought aboard in a coaching capacity is Toby King.
He's doing wonders with the Vale U-20s - many of whom were let go by DFC - and is highly thought of by the players (a  friend's son plays for them). I realise it is a big step up and I have no idea about his qualifications, but I'd hope Sons could consider some sort of position for him before someone else does.
I can sort of second the regard in which Toby is held as I've heard similar reports. Any DFC interest though may need to be medium term and fully thought through.