Sons' sorrow

I think you do have a point but I would argue that the eejit in question has spent the last couple of months throwing silly comments around about those who disagree with his opinion. He has been calling people all sorts (clueless, know it alls, idiots etc) so he can't really complain when people respond to him in the manner that they did.

It's all very OTT.

Spot on. If you can dish it out you need to take it back when you post stuff that was clearly put out to spark a reaction. He could have came back and said it was out of frustration but he kept it going.

Reading through that Facebook thread and the P&B response this morning, I wouldn’t call it epic. I found the whole thing rather sad actually. What we had was a guy who is a passionate Sons fans, a decent, harmless bloke making a rather crass comment. No one believes though that in the cold lift of day it was meant with any serious intent. Surely? What followed was mob rule. I’m not really sure what it achieved other than ridiculing an individual to the point where he lost the grid somewhat. The apparent glee on here by some is just a bit odd. We have a small core support; driving a wedge between it doesn’t do the club any good.

The constant baiting of the Aitken Army on here is also rather distasteful and pretty pathetic. As is posting pictures of fans. A few need to take a look at themselves.

ill be glad when this all blows over, we get a new man in charge and can get back to talking about the fitba.

To be fair Jordo, whilst agreeing that Allan is both a passionate fan and a decent bloke, unfortunately he invited much of the ridicule on himself by some rather bizarre and ill judged comments. That I’m afraid, is the nature of social media. P&B is every bit as much social media as Facebook or Twitter. That said, I hope he recants and continues supporting the team. He’d be better giving up Facebook tbh.

FFS no! Get ye to a Facebookery.

I said this cos I knew there were interviews at the rock today, and he said he’s applying for jobs but, the likes of thistle was a step to high to apply for.

I’ve no idea if he’d be good or not, no one does, but why the negative reaction towards him? For the record, I’m neither for or against. Regardless who it is, I’ll back him ( for awhile )

I see Billy Brown (who, to the best of my knowledge has not attended a Sons game over the past 12 months) thinks we shouldn't have sacked Stevie. Contradicts himself a bit mind you.

“If you appoint a manager, give him a fair amount of time to build a team and he doesn’t do it right, then they have every right to sack him.

Stevie Aitken going is ridiculous. Dumbarton are a part-time and at this stage last year Stevie was being touted for a lot of good jobs.

“He maybe wanted to stay loyal to Dumbarton but when he goes through a sticky spell were they loyal to him? No.

What "good jobs" was Stevie touted for this time last year?

Edited by Ross Forbes

Reading through that Facebook thread and the P&B response this morning, I wouldn’t call it epic. I found the whole thing rather sad actually. What we had was a guy who is a passionate Sons fans, a decent, harmless bloke making a rather crass comment. No one believes though that in the cold lift of day it was meant with any serious intent. Surely?
What followed was mob rule. I’m not really sure what it achieved other than ridiculing an individual to the point where he lost the grid somewhat. The apparent glee on here by some is just a bit odd. We have a small core support; driving a wedge between it doesn’t do the club any good.
The constant baiting of the Aitken Army on here is also rather distasteful and pretty pathetic. As is posting pictures of fans. A few need to take a look at themselves.
ill be glad when this all blows over, we get a new man in charge and can get back to talking about the fitba.
I would agree Jordo, when the banter starts to ignite into flaming rows it's time for everyone to cool their jets. I'm not on FB but if a supporter has chucked it then that's a disappointment.

But I would offer another piece of advice; don't get too attached or carried away by players or Managers; almost without exception they are hired hands passing through at a point in time. That way we can support and respect them, always remembering that the CLUB is the thing.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

To be fair Jordo, whilst agreeing that Allan is both a passionate fan and a decent bloke, unfortunately he invited much of the ridicule on himself by some rather bizarre and ill judged comments. That I’m afraid, is the nature of social media. P&B is every bit as much social media as Facebook or Twitter. That said, I hope he recants and continues supporting the team. He’d be better giving up Facebook tbh.

It’s a fair point, and if you’re going to comment on the likes of FB you’ll need to be prepared for any backlash. I get that. For me it wasn’t an isolated incident that followed the comment though, rather the culmination of weeks of baiting a small and specific group of Sons fans. That’s what doesn’t sit well.

Social media eh!

Anyway, back to the fitba, it’s be good to see a healthy following to Arbroath next week. Don’t see anything moving on the manager front until the 27th and east fife at home. Let’s hope with a new manager in place and the comedy night on there will be a more positive vibe around the place.