Sons' sorrow

Things on the Facebook group don’t normally get to me, but this (from a post speaking about Aitken’s links with Airdrie) has me seething. Why even bother supporting Dumbarton? Why not just follow Aitken up and down the country? 

IMG_0687.jpg.b3d41de15e16830a6f6dca2737fb95eb.jpg

That's absolute deviant behaviour tbh and I'd rightly be raging if that was a "fan" of Airdrie.There's wishing a former manager well (as a few airdrie fans have done with Findlay) but to hope his next team gubs us is a step too far

"In the sea" springs to mind.

10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Things on the Facebook group don’t normally get to me, but this (from a post speaking about Aitken’s links with Airdrie) has me seething. Why even bother supporting Dumbarton? Why not just follow Aitken up and down the country?

IMG_0687.jpg

I can't not reply to that, ridiculous!

That's absolute deviant behaviour tbh and I'd rightly be raging if that was a "fan" of Airdrie.There's wishing a former manager well (as a few airdrie fans have done with Findlay) but to hope his next team gubs us is a step too far"In the sea" springs to mind.

I have no issue with people wishing Stevie well. I have no issue with people who believe sacking him was the wrong decision. But to react like we’ve just sacked a club legend despite being in a great position, and hope that the club lose as a result is very, very odd behaviour.

If you guys appoint him the above fan (and Aitken’s Army) will go to a few Diamonds games to wave at him. They do the same with quite a number of their former favourites.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:
2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:
Him finding alternative employment doesn't change the amount of money we owe him.
His compensation will be down to his contract with the club. It doesn't get cheaper if he takes another job.

Sometimes it does. If a manager isn't just paid off, he can continue to receive his wages up until the point he finds alternative employment.

No it doesn't.

Before an employee is paid off they may be placed on paid leave, euphemistically described as gardening leave. That only really means that the compensation period in question is reduced the longer an employee remains employed by that business.

Stevie could be offered a job today but it wouldn't change the compensation that we'd owe him under his contract with Dumbarton.

We owe him based on his contract with Dumbarton and subsequent jobs have no impact on that.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Him finding alternative employment doesn't change the amount of money we owe him.

His compensation will be down to his contract with the club. It doesn't get cheaper if he takes another job.

Chelsea have to keep paying Conti (was he last season's manager, I can't keep track) his regular wage but this stops as soon as he is employed elsewhere. All down to the terms of the contract, I suppose, but nice non-work if you can get it.

20 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

IMG_0687.jpg

I hope their next shite is a red-hot spiked bowling bowl.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aitken's Army disbanded at the end of last season, do keep up.

I know I have an active imagination, but I must be having some vivid hallucinations these days. I'm sure I've seen them at near enough every game this season.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

I know I have an active imagination, but I must be having some vivid hallucinations these days. I'm sure I've seen them at near enough every game this season.

Well, one of their officers said on the SotR Facebook that they had disbanded. Who am I to question their validity?

53 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

IMG_0687.jpg

They have to be trolling, surely :huh:

IMG_0687.jpg.b3d41de15e16830a6f6dca2737fb95eb.jpg

What post is that in? Can’t find it, itching to reply, cheers

27 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

No it doesn't.

Before an employee is paid off they may be placed on paid leave, euphemistically described as gardening leave. That only really means that the compensation period in question is reduced the longer an employee remains employed by that business.

Stevie could be offered a job today but it wouldn't change the compensation that we'd owe him under his contract with Dumbarton.

We owe him based on his contract with Dumbarton and subsequent jobs have no impact on that.

It might impact the fervour with which Stevie chases us for it though. Regardless, he's owed it, so we need to pay it.

As for that facebook page comment, imagine being so utterly annoyed at someone else's opinion that you actively wish defeat on your team. Minter doesn't even cover it.