Sons' sorrow

I wonder if the board are being cautious about getting rid of Stevie because they don't want a reputation for being trigger happy. This could clearly affect our ability to attract a good quality manager

Perhaps this is why they are not rushing in to sack him just now during what is clearly an injury crisis

Is 10k the official figure? Is that not complete guesswork?

Change it to whatever figure you like, the point is the same.

We don’t have the reserves to pay him off with a settlement and don’t have the income to put him into gardening leave while another manager comes in.

Yep, let’s just keep Aitken for the rest of the season to lead us to 10th place. I’m sure that won’t affect us financially.

I’m pretty confident other clubs have borrowed against next seasons ticket sales before, would you rather that?

41 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

Yep, let’s just keep Aitken for the rest of the season to lead us to 10th place. I’m sure that won’t affect us financially.

Maybe you could gift the club the money to relieve Aitken of his duties. Or you could sit on the internet and expect someone else too.

34 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

I’m pretty confident other clubs have borrowed against next seasons ticket sales before, would you rather that?

What I’d rather is irrelevant. We’re seemingly stuck with Aitken. That’s the last I’ll say on it.

Edited by Stevie Aitken

1 minute ago, Jordo1872 said:

Maybe you could gift the club the money to relieve Aitken of his duties. Or you could sit on the internet and expect someone else too.

If this were a few years time when I’ll have that kind of money at my disposal, I’d gladly gift it to the club.

22 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

If this were a few years time when I’ll have that kind of money at my disposal, I’d gladly gift it to the club.

Well unless someone is willing to the club don’t have many options.

Why would a fan have to stump up the cash to pay off Aitken? That's the boards responsibility.

He's been underperforming for the best part of a year, the board should have had a contingency plan in place going into this season. If that meant not stumping up the wages for 2 or 3 players then so be it. I'm absolutely astounded that people are so easy going about the board not having enough money to rectify this situation. Why the hell would you sympathise with that? They knew going into this season that he was on a shoogly peg to begin with. They knew if he didn't make a good start he had to go. It's almost like a forced positivity/sympathy type thing going on, it's just odd.

FWIW I'm absolutely convinced that if the board want to bag him they will find a way to get the funds to do so.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why would a fan have to stump up the cash to pay off Aitken? That's the boards responsibility.

He's been underperforming for the best part of a year, the board should have had a contingency plan in place going into this season. If that meant not stumping up the wages for 2 or 3 players then so be it. I'm absolutely astounded that people are so easy going about the board not having enough money to rectify this situation. Why the hell would you sympathise with that? They knew going into this season that he was on a shoogly peg to begin with. They knew if he didn't make a good start he had to go. It's almost like a forced positivity/sympathy type thing going on, it's just odd.

FWIW I'm absolutely convinced that if the board want to bag him they will find a way to get the funds to do so.

Board's Barmy Army 

If we're in a situation where the fans are unhappy, there's dressing room unrest (see Sir Patrick's posts on the Facebook group) and the board are wanting rid but can't afford to pay him off, then that is an absolutely disastrous situation to be in - and one that could very well see us spending next season visiting Annan, Berwick and Cumbernauld. 

I understand Stevie not wanting to walk away, especially if the money is as high as mentioned earlier, but he's absolutely ruining his reputation. The way we're going he'll be lucky to get another job in the SPFL - even Stirling Albion fans were telling me to get in the sea when I did the standard 'You can have Stevie Aitken if you want' bantz. 

I've said it a few times, but if he's still in charge for the East Fife game then the home support will be horrific, and the atmosphere absolutely toxic.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The people in question my friend belong to Aitkens Army.You are as well arguing with a wall as no matter what you say Aitken MUST stay.Save your breath/keyboard.

Couldn't agree more. It is absolutely the boards responsibility to act if necessary. If they are/were holding out to see if things turn around then that's up to them, however the financial implications of bagging him are completely their responsibility. I would highly doubt that if a fan rocked up to the front door of the stadium tomorrow morning with a few grand, and told the club to use it to get rid of Stevie, it would be accepted.
Financially it may cost to get rid of him and cost money we may not have, but long term it will be worse. Gates are already dwindling, a lot of fans have said they won't be back until change happens and the results continuing will only see us end up in league 2 with a hell of a lot less money coming in.
The people in question my friend belong to Aitkens Army.You are as well arguing with a wall as no matter what you say Aitken MUST stay.Save your breath/keyboard.
Maybe so, but 1 of #Aitkensarmy liked my, Stevie out, tweet on Twitter earlier so maybe there is unrest in the usually loyal camp.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Yes they do. They have the option to include a potential pay off into their financial planning for the year ahead.

If they chose not to do so they deserve criticism.

The club took a hit of around £150k through the various effects of relegation.

How do you start to plan for sacking your manager?

6 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Couldn't agree more. It is absolutely the boards responsibility to act if necessary. If they are/were holding out to see if things turn around then that's up to them, however the financial implications of bagging him are completely their responsibility. I would highly doubt that if a fan rocked up to the front door of the stadium tomorrow morning with a few grand, and told the club to use it to get rid of Stevie, it would be accepted.
Financially it may cost to get rid of him and cost money we may not have, but long term it will be worse. Gates are already dwindling, a lot of fans have said they won't be back until change happens and the results continuing will only see us end up in league 2 with a hell of a lot less money coming in.Maybe so, but 1 of #Aitkensarmy liked my, Stevie out, tweet on Twitter earlier so maybe there is unrest in the usually loyal camp.

None of them liked any of mine, the b*****ds. And I've tweeted the club with hundreds.