Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, sarti pooh said:

But calling folk who don't go to as many games as them part-timers isn't on. Not everyone has flexible jobs like them and the fella calling fans part-timers on facebook. I'm sure the majority of us grew up watching the sons and don't remember her hellish screaming of 'shite' when we were wee. 

I don't know how long they've been going how the games, and without trying to turn it into a cock measuring contest, I know I've been going for decades now, like many others, and to be called part timers cause I can't make Arbroath or Alloa on a weeknight is nonsense.

No trying to offend anyone but who still goes to the football with their fucking maw hahahah, the drum is a bit irritating and that’s coming from me but the sound of those tambourines and that squeaking voice is worse (what do the tambourines even do?), I wouldn't be surprised if they were calling fans part timers they think there the cock of the North when it comes to fans but really there fancy dress weirdos :)

1 hour ago, sarti pooh said:

But calling folk who don't go to as many games as them part-timers isn't on. Not everyone has flexible jobs like them and the fella calling fans part-timers on facebook. I'm sure the majority of us grew up watching the sons and don't remember her hellish screaming of 'shite' when we were wee. 

I don't know how long they've been going how the games, and without trying to turn it into a cock measuring contest, I know I've been going for decades now, like many others, and to be called part timers cause I can't make Arbroath or Alloa on a weeknight is nonsense.

It's not even people who manage to go to most games though. As I live in the South of England the opportunities for me to attend matches are very limited - I try to make at least one or two each season but there is no way I would describe myself as a part-time supporter. I was born in Dumbarton and I have supported the team for over 40 years. 

I read P&B and the official site every day and I judge myself every much a Sons fan (and always will) as someone who has the luck to attend every game.

31 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

No trying to offend anyone but who still goes to the football with their fucking maw hahahah, the drum is a bit irritating and that’s coming from me but the sound of those tambourines and that squeaking voice is worse (what do the tambourines even do?), I wouldn't be surprised if they were calling fans part timers they think there the cock of the North when it comes to fans but really there fancy dress weirdos :)

What exactly is wrong with attending the game with your maw? 

1 hour ago, Sons FC said:

It's not even people who manage to go to most games though. As I live in the South of England the opportunities for me to attend matches are very limited - I try to make at least one or two each season but there is no way I would describe myself as a part-time supporter. I was born in Dumbarton and I have supported the team for over 40 years. 

I read P&B and the official site every day and I judge myself every much a Sons fan (and always will) as someone who has the luck to attend every game.

Exactly chief. Everyone has different circumstances. Out of order referring to fans like yourself as part time.

What’s happened to this thread?

I know the footballs finished but do we really need to sit on a football thread bitching about our own fans.

”Aitkens Army” have there own way of supporting the team. They don’t harm anyone. You might not like it but who cares they turn up support the team and enjoy themselves. Who ever was offended/ annoyed by being called PT fan quite frankly get over it. I’m sure they didn’t mean any offence.

You can go to the footy with who you want. For what it’s worth I’m 29 and sit with my mum and cousin. 

Tbf, Aitken's Army can do whatever they want. Attention seeking, asking ludicrous questions at meet the manager, having a go at part-time Sons fans like me, rock up at Alloa to get a wave from ex-players.

Just stop the ear piercing squeal of 'shite'.

7 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

If Stevie would only just up and leave we'd have something positive to talk about.

And a real motivator to consider going out and renewing the ST

On the st talk, see if you are buy one do you get what to choose what seat is yours?

9 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

If Stevie would only just up and leave we'd have something positive to talk about.

I don't think Stevie leaving would have a positive effect on season ticket renewals.

It would probably have the opposite, as no one would want to sign for us until we'd appointed a replacement.

Best thing for the sales is for us to sign up a core of promising players.

2 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

On the st talk, see if you are buy one do you get what to choose what seat is yours?

You do, aye.

10 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

I totally understand your frustration with Stevie. But I'll post this again. If he's the only factor preventing you from renewing then I'd urge you to reconsider.

14 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Trust me on this, if you want to have a club playing at a respectable level to support in years to come, it is worth every single penny. Now, more than ever, the club needs the fans. We've cut prices, we'll have less prize money, considerably smaller travelling supports and will likely sell less hospitality. The importance of Season Ticket sales hasn't been as vital for quite a few years.

11 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Whoever took offence to getting slagged for going to the baw with their maw get over it.

I didn’t take offence, it was a reply to people mocking someone else for going with their mum. 

36 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Whoever took offence to getting slagged for going to the baw with their maw get over it.

No offence taken, Sarti, I just didn't understand why it brought such laughter from Robbie. My mum's been a season ticket holder for years and I wouldn't have any hesitation in sitting with her at games (although I think she prefers not to be associated with me at times!).

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No offence taken, Sarti, I just didn't understand why it brought such laughter from Robbie. My mum's been a season ticket holder for years and I wouldn't have any hesitation in sitting with her at games (although I think she prefers not to be associated with me at times!).

I go with my old man chief so I don't take offence either. I was just picking up on the point that if I'm being told to let the being called a part timer thing go others should let that go.

That is all.

Good to have this one answered, I've been wondering about this for a few weeks.

I will be buying my first Dumbarton season ticket in a few weeks and have a few more questions if people can help me out.

I'll be purchasing a Parent and Child season ticket but some weeks will be taking my 2 kids along so will pay at the gate to get the extra one in on the day. What do I do if the seats next to my 2 are also reserved season tickets? Just sit somewhere else I guess?

What is the physical form of the season ticket? Is it a card, book with match tokens etc?

The Sons Trust, do I need to join separately? How much does that cost and what perks does it provide?

Away games, does the club put on supporters buses or anything or do you guys just make your own way? I assume away games are just pay at the gate and never any issue getting in?

Probably some stupid questions in there but I've been used to Celtic season tickets and going to away grounds in the top tier so not entirely sure how it all works at this level. Can't wait to get involved though.