Sons' sorrow

Whether he's contracted or not I'd hope the club could explore means with Stevie that would result in him heaving off with his awful tactics and searching for alternative employment this summer. Best outcome all round. 

Fortunately we'll have less of an issue with the squad of losers he assembled. Most of them will be off pronto.

8 minutes ago, the snudge said:

They were trying to get a squad together at the end to go round to the alloa fans. Fucking embarrassing. 

Only fans looking for a fight were 3 of our own (full grown men) offering a square go towards two young boys

Whether he's contracted or not I'd hope the club could explore means with Stevie that would result in him heaving off with his awful tactics and searching for alternative employment this summer. Best outcome all round. 
Fortunately we'll have less of an issue with the squad of losers he assembled. Most of them will be off pronto.

I don't know in our current financial plight that there will be 'means' to explore with regards Stevie's departure.

And why would he go unless shoved? He's got a good managerial job and is contracted to do that?

That'd leave us the option of sacking him. And with the aforementioned financial plight we're in, I doubt that's remotely going to be an option.

Whats Jim Mcintyre upto these days? 

Getting a job in football that'll pay far more than we can or will?

Despite this squad being the one that'll shoulder the tag of being relegated, there are some I'd want us to at least try and retain...

I'd like to see us try and keep Barr (I know he's contracted but will that have a relegation clause and wage reduction in it?), Hill, Dowie, McLaughlin, Carswell and Hutton.

I think it can be taken as read that all of our loanees will be back at their parent clubs, whether we want any of them or not.

I'd probably be ok with us retaining Scott Gallagher, but he needs competition for the first choice spot. He's flappy on occasion and doesn't inspire confidence. He needs to be pushed to improve and another goalkeeper does that.

They were trying to get a squad together at the end to go round to the alloa fans. Fucking embarrassing. 
Embarrassing indeed. We don't need that associated with the club.
Should have let them go tbh and get their arses kicked.

44 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Stirling ain’t ours to keep

I think it's the view among a lot of QOS fans that Stirling won't be part of Naysmith's plans next season,  indeed Naysmith may have already hinted at this.  He is under contract so,  unless they come to a mutual agreement to release him from this,  he may command some sort of fee.  He could therefore be available before the new season kicks off. 

Edit to add: Commiserations on being relegated, always liked my visits to Dumbarton. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Well done to Alloa. They were the only team that wanted to win it. Aitken has to go as his tactics are woeful. Player recruitment woeful too. Nade was done even last season. Stewart and Russell - well need I say anymore. Aitken's luck has run out and we need a guy in with fresh ideas and willing to play a more positive style of football. This season has been brutal to watch

Again untrue but believe what you want 
Thing is, unfortunately this is not the 1st time these allegations have been directed at your group of guys. I brought up on here a while back something I had seen on Twitter following a game at st mirren, where someone (named Robbie - and im happy to accept your explanation that you have at the time that it wasnt you) had threatened st mirren fans to a fight. Feel free to trawl through the pages on here to find it. When I brought it to your attention it was promptly deleted from Twitter and the account made private.
I have no doubt that the majority of your 'pals' have good intentions and want to support the club with some atmosphere and noise. If there are some idiots wanting to fight, throw flares onto parks or throw stuff at other players, please advise them to go support someone else.

25 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Only fans looking for a fight were 3 of our own (full grown men) offering a square go towards two young boys

Those guys were trying to round up their squad to go for the alloa fans. They were quickly told to wind their neck in and get up the road, carried on acting the big men got firmly told to get to f**k

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

Thing is, unfortunately this is not the 1st time these allegations have been directed at your group of guys. I brought up on here a while back something I had seen on Twitter following a game at st mirren, where someone (named Robbie - and im happy to accept your explanation that you have at the time that it wasnt you) had threatened st mirren fans to a fight. Feel free to trawl through the pages on here to find it. When I brought it to your attention it was promptly deleted from Twitter and the account made private.
I have no doubt that the majority of your 'pals' have good intentions and want to support the club with some atmosphere and noise. If there are some idiots wanting to fight, throw flares onto parks or throw stuff at other players, please advise them to go support someone else.

The St Mirren fan thing was a joke on Twitter hardly the place to make serious threats haha, we are young lads who just want to bring an atmosphere we don't want to fight for two reasons- 1. We would get put on our arses and 2. It's illegal, once again I'll agree it was stupid to throw stuff on the pitch and was a bad decision, in regards to the flare, the guy was not a real dumbarton fan and was told to never come back with us, I understand we make a racket with our drum and some people do not enjoy it fair enough, we aren't there to cause trouble and don't attempt to cause it.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

We had 1 good chance all game that we headed straight at the Alloa keeper.

Nisbet had a good header first half that Parry had to change direction to make an excellent save from. If thats the one you refer to it wasnt remotely straight at the keeper though if he had headed it nearer to the far post he would scored. 

Either way it wasnt your best chance. For me Stirling has to score near the end at 0-0 when the ball across the face of goal reached him at the back post. Parry makes a decent block at his feet but anything lifted had to be a goal. 

31 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I don't know in our current financial plight that there will be 'means' to explore with regards Stevie's departure.

And why would he go unless shoved? He's got a good managerial job and is contracted to do that?

That'd leave us the option of sacking him. And with the aforementioned financial plight we're in, I doubt that's remotely going to be an option.

Getting a job in football that'll pay far more than we can or will?

Contract payoffs don't necessarily need to be made in a lump sum. We need to explore all options.

Echo all the comments about the tits lobbing stuff onto the park, get that to f**k.

Easy to see based on their twitters they are all rangers and Celtic fans wanting to create a green brigade/union bears type thing.

Two of them standing down at the railings blocking views and ignoring the female steward who was telling them to move on. Shat it when the male steward came over, wee tough nuts.

I’m willing to bet a lot that they couldn’t name half of our team ????‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

I understand we make a racket with our drum and some people do not enjoy it fair enough, we aren't there to cause trouble and don't attempt to cause it.

Yeah but one of you threw a drumstick at Alloa players heads. 

Guys like Moonster, Snudge & BBPF did what you did a generation before you, get behind the club, making noise, bringing flags, being boisterous, but they never got into fights & they never threw things at players. I’d be surprised if you get in with drums again and you have no right to be hard done by, you took it way way too far (nothing personal against you of course, you’ve been let down badly by your pals)

Sorry to see you guys go down - you have done tremendously well over the past few years and have delivered some great results along the way.

I have to say that I hate negative cautious football - I have been critical of Gary Naysmith's approach all season and with a more positive approach we would have done much better.

In a play off situation especially when at home I think you have to really make things happen - I didn't see the game but when a draw is enough it is sometimes a curse.

Hope you bounce back.

10 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Yeah but one of you threw a drumstick at Alloa players heads. 

Guys like Moonster, Snudge & BBPF did what you did a generation before you, get behind the club, making noise, bringing flags, being boisterous, but they never got into fights & they never threw things at players. I’d be surprised if you get in with drums again and you have no right to be hard done by, you took it way way too far (nothing personal against you of course, you’ve been let down badly by your pals)

Imo, you've hit the nail on the head, flags and making noise is all I want to do, it was the minority what spoiled it for the majority 

Contract payoffs don't necessarily need to be made in a lump sum. We need to explore all options.

Fair enough. But I just don't see us either having or wanting to spend money in getting rid of a manager.

From what I'm led to believe we hardly have a bean, so paying off a manager (lump sum or not) is unlikely I'd suggest.