Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

They could tell the company that does the stewarding to calm down. The car parks like mario karting on a Saturday with so many cones and strick rules. Bin the window and go back to the side door.

I'm sure stewards can be briefed on such things.  Unfortunately we need a system in our car park due to it's size and set up, but if there are specific issues I'm sure they can be addressed.

By side door, do you mean the door where season tickets used to go into the supporters bar?

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Time to start charging for the car park, no harm in still getting a 50/50 ticket, but Falkirk and Livingston are somewhere between 3-5 quid to park, that’s a lot of possible revenue for team budget, or repairing historic Scotland’s wall. Especially considering we’re paying the stewards to also be car park attendants. It’s clearly costing us.

I disagree on that. It will discourage people from turning up (the last thing we need), and it will lead to more folk parking on the street - causing more congestion, and peeing off local residents.

Normally at places like Falkirk and Livi (and Morton) I just park somewhere else. I think the pound entry plus a 50/50 is a good deal that. We maybe could do with having a wee traffic sign outside explaining entry is a £1 but for that you get a free 50/50 as it might encourage more cars to stop parking up the street.

The Trust need someone to run the 50/50 draw next season.  If anyone is happy to run it please get in touch with Alan as per below link.  It pulls in a decent amount of money over the season and helps with cash flow.  If the 50/50 stops we'll need to find an alternative way of creating the revenue it generates. If anyone can help please get in touch (free entry into the game is your payment btw) - https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/we-are-recruiting/

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I was at a Malaga game (v Real Sociedad - La Liga) in Spain last week. Because Malaga are already relegated there was only a 14,500 crowd in a 30,000 plus capacity stadium. The atmosphere though was amazing. The Malaga "Ultras" (A section with maybe 300- 350 fans) had two leaders who started songs off with microphone assistance. They had practised routines with call and response, every song went to conclusion, There were call and response chants, there were flags and there were streamers. It was organised and choreographed. It really created a terrific spectacle and atmosphere.

The nearest I have witnessed to that at a Dumbarton game is when the Swiss Sons come over.

Of course they are a massive club compared to Dumbarton but the principle of creating an atmosphere is only one of scale.

Thanks to the magic of Youtube, this was the very game and the events I'm describing. Click on 3 mins 30 secs to get a flavour.

Malaga are an excellent example of fan scene etc,  however got to take into play the stuff sanctions and regulations in scottish football with megaphones a struggle to get inside a ground due to “complaints” pardon the irony and streamers can result in a fine from sfa if I’m correct I know it does for uefa anyway for defiant 

While I thoroughly enjoyed last night - being at a proper ground, mixing with opposition fans, changing ends, terracing etc - I'd still much rather stay up. Even moreso when you look at the possible make up of league one next year. Could have four Angus teams, Peterhead, Stranraer, two Fife teams and Airdrie. That would be about 4,000 (Four thousand) miles over the course of the season !

While I thoroughly enjoyed last night - being at a proper ground, mixing with opposition fans, changing ends, terracing etc - I'd still much rather stay up. Even moreso when you look at the possible make up of league one next year. Could have four Angus teams, Peterhead, Stranraer, two Fife teams and Airdrie. That would be about 4,000 (Four thousand) miles over the course of the season !
PITK..... Performance Is The Key

3 hours ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Malaga are an excellent example of fan scene etc,  however got to take into play the stuff sanctions and regulations in scottish football with megaphones a struggle to get inside a ground due to “complaints” pardon the irony and streamers can result in a fine from sfa if I’m correct I know it does for uefa anyway for defiant 

Ok, but there seem to be megaphones involved with the so called "Union Bears" at Ibrox and "Green Brigade" at Sellick Park.

The Malaga guys really added to the match day experience for everyone - there was always something going on. No need for steamers there will be stuff that will be permitted - you just need to use imagination.

I'm sure some of the misty eyed old farts here will like me remember average crowds of more than 4,000 at Boghead and the "choir" numbering about 500. They had several songs specific to the Sons too. Happy days.

47 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Ok, but there seem to be megaphones involved with the so called "Union Bears" at Ibrox and "Green Brigade" at Sellick Park.

The Malaga guys really added to the match day experience for everyone - there was always something going on. No need for steamers there will be stuff that will be permitted - you just need to use imagination.

I'm sure some of the misty eyed old farts here will like me remember average crowds of more than 4,000 at Boghead and the "choir" numbering about 500. They had several songs specific to the Sons too. Happy days.

That’s what our group would like to do! Ultras mentality is high on the agenda in scottish teenage life hahaha, kidding aside the use of megaphones and massive flags can add massive boosts to the atmosphere think about the klop at Liverpool with their banners and flags looks boss

Maybe a rendition of Silvery Moon would be suitable to sing towards our maroon clad visitors.

7 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

No sure about the misty eyed old farts bit but a particular favourite of mine was "who do you think you are kidding Mr Steedman? Best o luck on Saturday guys.

I quite liked the implied menace of (to the tune of the Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band's "Urban Spaceman" )

"We're the Mental Sonsteam baby we've got class......Mental Ya Bass!"

Monster front of bus was fine to be honest.
re pick up. I highlighted when pick up was touted that Kingston bridge had no direct on off as westbound had and the associated difficulty. Think another driver thought it was possible . Agree for next week it should be a no.
thats from me who joined in the big city 

I was 5 rows behind you and sweating like a pig. We'd been on the bus around 45 minutes, maybe more, before you all got on. Twice we asked for the ac to go on and was told it was on!

12 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

No sure about the misty eyed old farts bit but a particular favourite of mine was "who do you think you are kidding Mr Steedman? Best o luck on Saturday guys.

I remember too a festive jingle at a game v Rangers (to the tune of Deck the Halls)

"Derek Johnstone is a fairy! na na na na na na na na na! He's got baws but they're no' hairy! na na na na na na na na na! 

Right enough I can see there'd be arrests today if that were sung.

30 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

I was 5 rows behind you and sweating like a pig. We'd been on the bus around 45 minutes, maybe more, before you all got on. Twice we asked for the ac to go on and was told it was on!

Someone asked the driver shortly after Glasgow to be told to push open the skylight window. 19th century air con.