Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nisbet is pretty much what I expected. Very meh.

He very much reminds me of Morrison - quite big but doesn't win much in the air, not all that quick and doesn't make many runs like Stewart does. No real defining features to his gane

Infact I'd actually go as far as saying Morrison offered us more in the sense that he would put himself about and try to close down defenders high up the park. Nisbet is just kind of there, not doing much, or not running much.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He very much reminds me of Morrison - quite big but doesn't win much in the air, not all that quick and doesn't make many runs like Stewart does. No real defining features to his gane

Infact I'd actually go as far as saying Morrison offered us more in the sense that he would put himself about and try to close down defenders high up the park. Nisbet is just kind of there, not doing much, or not running much.

I think he's meant to be a targetman - which is more than I saw with Morrison. He's a big unit, and I can imagine he quite easily bullies U20s centre-backs, however when it comes to playing against guys like Ricki Lamie and Tam O'Ware he's just not able to deal with how physical it is. In saying that we could maybe do with getting to the ball to his feet a bit more, as he looked more dangerous running with it at Livi than he did with his back to goal.

Both players act as a perfect example of why the U20s league doesn't work as well as a reserve league though.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think he's meant to be a targetman - which is more than I saw with Morrison. He's a big unit, and I can imagine he quite easily bullies U20s centre-backs, however when it comes to playing against guys like Ricki Lamie and Tam O'Ware he's just not able to deal with how physical it is. In saying that we could maybe do with getting to the ball to his feet a bit more, as he looked more dangerous running with it at Livi than he did with his back to goal.

Both players act as a perfect example of why the U20s league doesn't work as well as a reserve league though.

I felt the ballboys @ Livi looked more dangerous wi the ball than Nisbet.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Not sure what the negativity is with Nisbet. I’ve been quite impressed with him tbh and his link up play is streets ahead of Morrison’s.

It's all about opinions Cameron, for instance Liam Dick is not a better player than Davie Smith.

I hope Nisbet proves me wrong v Falkirk, if selected this Saturday, & leaps like a salmon to bullet a header into the net, though up til now he appears to be wearing lead-filled boots.

I thought Froxy was incredible last night. Bad miss apart, that was the most confident and skillful I've seen him. His first touch is nuts.

I thought Stirling done ok, but at times tried too hard and was played too centrally for my liking, at times in the second half we had hardly any width going forward.

First 15 was great and should have given us something to defend, but heyho.

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Announced via email from SonsTrust that ALL Supporters Buses going to the Challenge Cup Final will leave the DFC Stadium @ 1pm. £8 for Trust members, £10 non member. The Bar in the Community Suite will be open from 11 a.m.

Spread the word, Sons.

Shared Larbert xx

Edited by Boghead ranter

Common sense prevails by letting under 12s in for free. Let’s hope that this will encourage parents to bring their kids and the attendance will be boosted. Remember to bring your drums and tambourines. Dumbarton needs as many supporters and as much noise as possible in backing the team. Let’s try and sell out the two stands on offer.

49 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Common sense prevails by letting under 12s in for free. Let’s hope that this will encourage parents to bring their kids and the attendance will be boosted. Remember to bring your drums and tambourines. Dumbarton needs as many supporters and as much noise as possible in backing the team. Let’s try and sell out the two stands on offer.

Let's hope that all these local youth teams who were extremely vocal in backing the stadium move will now be extremely vocal in backing the club and get their teams on these buses.

It's a no brainer.

Affordable ticket price

Free under 12s to try to boost the number of kids and families who go

Buses leaving from the ground so effectively travelling up as a party convoy

Stadium opening early for fans to enjoy a relaxed refreshment. Would be good if food was on offer similar to Livingston (pie and chips/pasta idea)

There is a huge potential for this to be a very memorable and very enjoyable day. Hopefully as many people as possible take advantage of it and get along to support the Sons. If even some of them would be willing to come back on even a semi-regular basis then it would be a major boost.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Let's hope that all these local youth teams who were extremely vocal in backing the stadium move will now be extremely vocal in backing the club and get their teams on these buses.

Absolutely! Time to get people on board... (and not just for this game).  #SupportOurSons

7 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Announced via email from SonsTrust that ALL Supporters Buses going to the Challenge Cup Final will leave the DFC Stadium @ 1pm. £8 for Trust members, £10 non member. The Bar in the Community Suite will be open from 11 a.m.

Spread the word, Sons.

To book, contact Gillie Brough per the following -
1. Call Gillie on 07948 532 539
2. E-mail Gilliebrough@gmail.com 
3. Use our dedicated Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/groups/719497688160601/

4. Leave comment on this post on the trust website: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/02/22/lets-get-the-party-started/ 

3 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Club should be all over this. I agree that food should be made available to buy too, along with a few tops, scarves, flags, maybe even rosettes !

Indeed, you can buy a 5ft x 3ft flag on flea-bay for not much north of £2, no reason DFC couldn't get a supplier & sell them to youngsters for a £5er or whatever.

44 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Sub-zero overnight temperatures predicted right through until Tuesday's game against ICT. Does anyone know if we'll be getting the covers down, assuming they're still effective?

I'll play it by ear. The fact it's a night game helps plus temps during the day are decent.