Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did Russell get on today? If so, did he look sharp?

Part of me hopes the answer is no, given we'll be fighting it out for 9th spot I reckon!

He did aye. He looked fit, and still has a wee burst of pace, but was just lacking a bit of match sharpness - which is kind of understandable given how long he's been out.

You have Dobbie. He's been involved in more league goals this season (11 goals, 5 assists according to the Beeb) than our entire team (15). You'll be fine.

14 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

That’s it Confirmed by Aitken that Ally Roy is away. Really need a new Winger with pace. Preferably Stirling

Roy was certainly better than I feared he might be, after a pretty unsuccessful spell in League 1 last season, but ultimately I don't think he's a Championship player just yet. He showed flashes of what he could do, all three of his goals were really nice finishes, and when he used his pace to actually attack full-backs he got some joy,  but that aside I'm not too bothered about losing him. I've no idea how much we were paying him, but I'd like to hope Stevie might be able to re-invest that money elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can I say, lets not judge until we have Mark Stew and Russ on the same pitch.

I agree. I'm actually quite excited by that prospect. I'd imagine we would start Beany on the wing, and then him and Stewart could just move between positions. That might also convince us to actually get the ball down, rather than just launching it in the vague direction of Nade. For the one game a month where Froxy's fit we could even see something like this, which looks quite promising:

Froxylias Walsh Russell

Stewart

1 minute ago, son hawk said:

I noticed Stirling didn’t even make the bench for Queens today.

That's a very good spot. 

I said it a while back, but Stirling is the perfect attacker for a part-time club in this division. He's creative, but not greedy, hardworking but skillful, and fast, but confident running with the ball at his feet.

I'd be absolutely over the moon if we could get him back.

14 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's a very good spot. 

I said it a while back, but Stirling is the perfect attacker for a part-time club in this division. He's creative, but not greedy, hardworking but skillful, and fast, but confident running with the ball at his feet.

I'd be absolutely over the moon if we could get him back.

Really thought Queens were getting a good player in Stirling but he  has done nothing with us .Scored one goal that is it would not be surprised  to see him back with you .Did not even get a mention when Naysmith was talking about players being available for our Cup Tie next week .

Really thought Queens were getting a good player in Stirling but he  has done nothing with us .Scored one goal that is it would not be surprised  to see him back with you .Did not even get a mention when Naysmith was talking about players being available for our Cup Tie next week .

He's not been given a chance to show what he can do. Naysmith signs a player on a 2 year deal and hardly gives him any game time. Clueless.

60 years ago this week Sons Played Dundee United and beat them 2-1 goals by Hughie Gallagher and Charlie Stewart. Nothing new under the sun is there?

As for television in 1958 Scotsport had one camera at a match which ran out of film every 30 minutes so that any goals scored were missed when the film was being changed.Not that showing goals were important when the camera could be filming the crowd full of grinning bunnet wearing men and boys and probably women as bunnet wearing was compulsory until 1962.

60 years ago this week Sons Played Dundee United and beat them 2-1 goals by Hughie Gallagher and Charlie Stewart. Nothing new under the sun is there?
As for television in 1958 Scotsport had one camera at a match which ran out of film every 30 minutes so that any goals scored were missed when the film was being changed.Not that showing goals were important when the camera could be filming the crowd full of grinning bunnet wearing men and boys and probably women as bunnet wearing was compulsory until 1962.
Two favourite Scotsport memories.....circa season 72/73 Arbroath beat Rangers at Ibrox with the televised commentary running ever so slightly ahead of the film. Arthur assumed clairvoyant powers as he predicted John Fletcher's goal before he even received a pass. Bizarre in a hilarious way.

Secondly, Arthur used to accompany John Jacobs as he imparted weekly golf tips on a very real golf course. The week in question was about pitching from off the green.

As Arthur and John were chatting away, a local jaikey carrying a poly bag strayed into camera shot at the far edge of the green. Intrigued, he hung around and produced a can of McEwan's Export as the presenters chuntered away, oblivious to the one-man gallery.

Only on STV....