Sons' sorrow

Yes I would say Park was playable
If you were on the park and can say that for sure then fair enough. I assume you are going by pictures that don't tell the full story. I'm sure both clubs were happier that it was called off early and allowed both teams to train or make other plans. Inconvenient to some fans it may be but whenever a park is called off everyone jumps on the bandwagon 'should've been given a chance' oh look we gave it a chance and it's off 'should've been called off ages ago'. Give the groundsman a break and the referee that called it off some credit.

Right guys, some of you may remember that I did a big statistical review of the year in 2016. You'll all therefore be overjoyed to hear that I've written up another one for 2017. It's quite interesting (in my totally unbiased opinion) and involved me really stretching my (A at) Int.2 in Maths to the very limit. I've been seriously pernickety about checking, and double checking everything, but if you can spot any errors give me a shout!

http://talesfromtherock.weebly.com/home/2017-in-numbers

Happy New Year everyone. May 2018 bring a goalscorer and a slight increase to our PPG average :)

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'd probably be more confident if Chick Young had said he wasn't coming to the Rock to be honest.

Agree that Chico talks shite but he seems confident although every other comment I have come across says Sutton rejected the move.

21 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Right guys, some of you may remember that I did a big statistical review of the year in 2016. You'll all therefore be overjoyed to hear that I've written up another one for 2017. It's quite interesting (in my totally unbiased opinion) and involved me really stretching my (A at) Int.2 in Maths to the very limit. I've been seriously pernickety about checking, and double checking everything, but if you can spot any errors give me a shout!

Happy New Year everyone. May 2018 bring a goalscorer and a slight increase to our PPG average :)

A good read. I love that sort of thing. If I had a couple of hours I'd write up something similar for our website. (Ah the days when I had a couple of hours to do things with..............)

Agree that Chico talks shite but he seems confident although every other comment I have come across says Sutton rejected the move.

Aye, the journo who used to cover the Sons and now covers St Mirren claimed the clubs agreed the deal but Sutton turned it down. He's pretty much a 100% reliable source.

In all honesty if he's had to be convinced/forced into it I'd rather we completely avoided him.

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A good read. I love that sort of thing. If I had a couple of hours I'd write up something similar for our website. (Ah the days when I had a couple of hours to do things with..............)

Cheers :). It takes a bit of time to write up, but the actual stat keeping can be quite quick. I write up a wee sheet after each match; lineup, goalscorers, subs, a few comments, ref, attendance etc - and then keep a couple of pages at the start for the up to date goals/assists/results/player names/captains etc!

Like I said in the article though the tally marks in the conceded column last year became a nightmare!

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Cheers :). It takes a bit of time to write up, but the actual stat keeping can be quite quick. I write up a wee sheet after each match; lineup, goalscorers, subs, a few comments, ref, attendance etc - and then keep a couple of pages at the start for the up to date goals/assists/results/player names/captains etc!

Like I said in the article though the tally marks in the conceded column last year became a nightmare!

Oh I've got all the stats except assists and captains. Neither is something I keep note of. As you said in the article, the concept of an assist is sometimes debatable and it's not something I'm massively interested in recording. It never occurred to me to keep a note of captains. In terms of our calendar year John Rankin has been club captain for all of it and on the very few occasions he wasn't on the pitch Stephen Dobbie took over. I suppose it's possible there's been some point when both were not on the pitch. I didn't keep any note though. I've got everything else though, I just don't have time to pull it into such an article.

Happy New Year everyone. May 2018 bring a goalscorer and a slight increase to our PPG average [emoji4]

This is the dogs So8, and every club like ours needs a bampot like yourself to chronicle this sort of stuff. Tell you what, you remain Cassandra and I'm happy to continue as Solomon [emoji39]

Seriously, a fantastic effort and read - well done indeed. In passing, a Happy New Year to all the Sons diaspora and all P & B regulars.

Not giving up on Sutton until he signs elsewhere or the window closes.

Well within his rights to wait it out and see if St Mirren wont pay him off instead of loan him out.

Would a pay off really earn him more? I can't see him receiving the same amount he'd get if he stayed on their books and went out on loan. Even with a wage from us flung in there.

We're also not really in a position to wait until the end of the window, our need for a striker has become pretty urgent (we currently only have Nade). I'd like to think we have moved on and are trying to secure other targets.

Forget Sutton slower than nade and no ambition but to pick up doe and that’s bad enough if you read the new signings blog think wee might have one if rumours are true  and I don’t no why wee play the boy roy wide he’s a striker has been hearts top scorer for last two years in development league and what do wee play him wide you can see he can destroy teams with his pace and finishing but I don’t think wee will hold on to him 

Would a pay off really earn him more? I can't see him receiving the same amount he'd get if he stayed on their books and went out on loan. Even with a wage from us flung in there.

We're also not really in a position to wait until the end of the window, our need for a striker has become pretty urgent (we currently only have Nade). I'd like to think we have moved on and are trying to secure other targets.

Sure I'd heard before that the going rate to pay off a contract was 2/3's of whats left of it. So aye, leaving St Mirren with a cheque and then signing on with a new club could be worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nice one.