Sons' sorrow

Weren’t wdc deciding in November as to whether we were getting planning permission for our new proposed football ground?

Dont think the planning request has been sought from the council yet.

From what I hear, Dfc (or someone on their behalf) are on a charm offensive around local football teams to try and drum up support.

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

Dont think the planning request has been sought from the council yet.

From what I hear, Dfc (or someone on their behalf) are on a charm offensive around local football teams to try and drum up support.

Suggests to me they've not received enough support from actual Dumbarton fans.

36 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

They need someone to hire the pitches though, don't they?

Well of course, but don't you think they should have gone down this road long before submitting the application? Why is it only now they're trying to find out how many local clubs would plan on using our facilities? 

Even at that it shouldn't matter a jot. There's perfectly fine pitches for them to use at Dumbarton Academy that the council wont allow them to use so I don't imagine they really care about the views of the local boys clubs.

Again their opinion shouldn't matter in the slightest when it comes to a planning application for Dumbarton FC anyway. Supporters yes, but absolutely not boys clubs who are only impacted by having some extra pitches available in the area. They have zero connection to the club other than us begging them to back the plans.

Being involved with a local football team I am unaware of any correspondence from DFC asking us to back plans etc.
Dumbarton isn't somewhere struggling for pitch availability that I'm aware of either so don't think it's going to be a big selling point. Plenty going around even without the debacle that is Dumbarton academy

I would be amazed, absolutely amazed, if Stevie went to St Mirren.

I actually think he'd do a good job, but I doubt his appointment would please the fans - especially given his Morton connections. Imho Stevie will go to Cappielow if/when Duffy leaves, and I'd be quite pleased to bring the soundest man in football to the Rock in almost a straight-swap deal.

I'd be slightly surprised if Aitken ended up at St Mirren. I would imagine after Ian Murray, they would be cautious about taking a manager with no full time or premiership experience

Like Jack Ross?

I'm not convinced they'd go for Aitken myself but if they go down the same route as they did when appointing Ross (part-time, relatively young) then Aitken is absolutely the standout candidate.