Sons' sorrow

I'm aware of his record but what type of striker is Kane? Pacey or hold up type?

Don't listen to the above. He's utter baws, don't play him, send him back to st Johnstone immediately and they can send him to a part time team *cough* us *cough* and said team will let you know if he's any good.

Kane is an old fashioned centre forward. Isn't blessed with a huge amount of skill. He isn't going to hold the ball up and bring others into an attack. He's a goal scorer. Plays a very direct game. He'll work defenders hard either on his own or with a strike partner. His first instinct will always be to get the ball in or around the box and have a go.

9 minutes ago, Bogheadboy said:

Let's get real here guys, is Kane going to play for us again? NO

Does he care about us or about furthering his career?

Move on, who's going to cheer if he scores next Saturday? Certainly not me!

If he flops at Queens he could very easily come back. I can't see it happening given he was an Ian Murray signing, but you never know. Who'd have thunk that Dobbie would've returned to Queens just a few years after being an English Premier League player?

He enjoyed his time at the Rock, and we certainly enjoyed having him. I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging how good a player he was for us during a time where we had an outstanding team.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging how good a player he was for us during a time where we had an outstanding team.

Exactly, WAS a player for us (how many seasons ago?), and I'm sure he'll do well again at Championship level again, hopefully not against us! 

Let's get real here guys, is Kane going to play for us again? NO
Does he care about us or about furthering his career?
Move on, who's going to cheer if he scores next Saturday? Certainly not me!

Just because folk liked Kane and would like him to play for us again doesn't mean folk need to "move on" or does it suggest anyone will "cheer" if he scores.

It was merely folk appreciating how good a player he was for us. It's hardly folk struggling to come to terms with the fact he joined Queens or suggesting he cares about Dumbarton FC.

Exactly, WAS a player for us (how many seasons ago?), and I'm sure he'll do well again at Championship level again, hopefully not against us! 

He was with us 3 seasons ago. He joined in January 2014, and left in January '15 where he was (eventually) replaced by Chris Duggan.

I'm not really sure what the issue with letting Queens fans know what sort of player they've got is though.

Getting back to the present day, I won't make it to Falkirk tomorrow but I'd be surprised if we take anything from it - you can grub out a point here and there, but there appears to be a total lack of creativity from the back four onwards, especially with Handling absent.  Our squad is looking a bit like a hand at Scrabble containing three 'K's', two 'Q's' and a 'P'.

And I'm a bit disappointed that with the phone practically ringing off the hook (copyright MTM last Saturday) we haven't fixed up any loans ahead of tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Injured since the Killie game. Been no mention of the problem so hopefully he's back next week. Oli Shaw gone anywhere yet?

Haven't seen anything about Shaw going out on loan yet. Brian Graham just left so i suppose that moves Shaw up a space. I'd like to see him go play most weeks though. Good result today for you guys.