Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Not sure if serious or not

Stevie Aitken (our gaffer) has been quoted as saying he plans on approaching this season like Brazil approached the 1970 World Cup. Early signs are the 2-3-4-1 isn't working, what with us failing to score more than 4 goals in our games so far and also conceding an alarming amount whilst going out bottom of the group in the Betfred Cup. But Stevie is known for his perseverance, it may well work out yet.

I have just been informed by a relatively #ITK source that the defender we are set to sign will be Sam Wardrop on loan from Celtic. He was described to me as being like Ross McCrorie - a guy who plays like he's older than he is. Can play all across the back four or in defensive midfield, and captained them to the Youth Cup last year.

If he's on a similar level to Lindsay and Joe Thomson then he should be a good addition. Assuming my top secret source has got his facts right.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Stevie Aitken (our gaffer) has been quoted as saying he plans on approaching this season like Brazil approached the 1970 World Cup. Early signs are the 2-3-4-1 isn't working, what with us failing to score more than 4 goals in our games so far and also conceding an alarming amount whilst going out bottom of the group in the Betfred Cup. But Stevie is known for his perseverance, it may well work out yet.

Haha thanks for clearing that up, which players will be key to this working and your side having a good season?

Just now, cameron2000 said:

Sam Wardrop has indeed signed. Good to see it's a full season loan.

Aye, get it round ye Gary Naysmith!

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Don't expect to sign somebody from my part of the world without me knowing about it, Sons.

If you're that good, who else we signing? Stevie said a couple of bodies he hoped to get in this week, did he not? The floor is yours :P

Just now, The Moonster said:

Aye, get it round ye Gary Naysmith!

If you're that good, who else we signing? Stevie said a couple of bodies he hoped to get in this week, did he not? The floor is yours :P

I have a 100% hit rate with players we've signed recently who went to school with my cousins, and a load of guys I used to play football with. I can only assume that our 6"6 25 goal striker didn't do either of that which, I'm afraid, leaves me stumped.

51 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I have a 100% hit rate with players we've signed recently who went to school with my cousins, and a load of guys I used to play football with. I can only assume that our 6"6 25 goal striker didn't do either of that which, I'm afraid, leaves me stumped.

So it's you that replaced Stuart Miller! Suppose we'll have saved a bit of a wage there :P

I think Wardrop will do well for you guys.  He played very well in last years youth cup final and by all accounts is quite a mature player for his age.  Game time against men should help his development and his skill should help Dumbarton