Sons' sorrow

I'm in agreement that our pre-season preparations have been the poorest so far in Aitken's reign, and I too firmly believe that a large part of that is down to Aitken's holiday and non-committal stance for several weeks.

That said, as others have recognised, our budget will be very tight, second lowest in the division I'm presuming. So when bringing in players, Stevie will have to be selective and make sure that we are getting in the best quality, and I'm still happy to trust that he is.

That said, if we're in the same position in ten days time, I'd be more concerned.

Yes the cup would provide much needed income (and I do understand the importance of that) but at the end of the day it's a second fiddle at this stage to the league. That's our bread and butter and I have little issue with these cup games being treated as little more than glorified friendlier.

It's a competition which is widely regarded as awful and at times farcical with that rulings and set up, so I'm content that we're presumably putting all our eggs in the league basket, so to speak.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

A Tuesday night deadrubber against a League 2 team in front of a couple of hundred fans. I couldn't think of a finer catwalk.

It seems to have enough pull for us to gain a new fan...my girlfriend has bizarrely text me saying she would like to go to the game tonight (she has never attended or watched a game of football in her life and actually vehemently despises it) and I can only assume it's the thought of watching Craig Barr in our fetching new strip that has caused this. No arguments from me if that were the case.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It seems to have enough pull for us to gain a new fan...my girlfriend has bizarrely text me saying she would like to go to the game tonight (she has never attended or watched a game of football in her life and actually vehemently despises it) and I can only assume it's the thought of watching Craig Barr in our fetching new strip that has caused this. No arguments from me if that were the case.

Trap-game.jpg

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you sure its no N Ferguson's debut?:P

Be very, very careful.

My girlfriend enjoyed the Play for the Sons game that much she announced she was coming to a game this season.

I'll crack the jokes.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Or because Love Island finished last night.

......Errrrr, so I believe...

The loans will come, just need to wait till August for them.

Not that it really matters but I know for a fact that one of the Clyde players is £100 a week.[/quote
My pal signed for east fife and was told all players have a basic of £60. He is so happy to have sparky in his team.

Is "foul and abusive language" officially a red card offence?

Aye. However if it was implemented literally then games would finish about 4 aside. Their number 7 told the linesman that 'the ball was fvcking out the area' for example.

He genuinely enjoys looking at angry people. It's the only explanation for him being such a c**t all the time. That said, I assume whatever Nade has said is bad, as it was the lino who took offence. If he'd said it to Charleston I'd be fine with it.

As for our team, Roy looks good on the left, so positive and confident, perhaps overly at times. When Johnston runs at people he looks a player but we seldom see it. The back line are dealing with everything pretty well and Gallacher hasn't been troubled. In central midfield we have a weird combination of one player who is so hyper than he does senseless things paired with someone who doesn't ever appear to get out of first gear. If we could smash Wilson and Hutton together to make one player we'd probably be onto something.

Unfortunately that was a spectacle totally ruined by Charleston. Two red cards in a game that was without a bad tackle.

Roy looked bright on the wing, but vanished when we moved him into the middle. Hutton played encouragingly well, Mango was his usual self and Dowie was solid enough. That's about it for positives.

Mark Stewart has quite a bit to do to convince me. There was no need for him to be in an offside position for his goal, and aside from that he looked miles off it. His touch is heavy, his passing is wayward and he's offside absolutely all the time.

Hope Craig Charleston and his big lanky dugout side linesman both step on a Lego piece when they get out of bed tomorrow morning.

Not much of a game.

Roy looked lively out wide. I think he could do ok for us this season. Stewart again ran about without really doing anything. Regardless of how unhappy Nade was with the non-awarding of the penalty, he can't lose the plot with the linesman. We saw the worst of Charleston today. Back pass when the Annan player touches it? We saw the worst of Gallagher today. Picking the ball up after the left back passed it to him. We took the quick free kick. Charleston wasn't pulling it back to be retaken.

Theres not a whole lot you can take from a game like that. We didnt pick up any injuries but Nade's 2 game ban will mean he misses the league opener against Morton. We could really have done without that. The only thing that matters on Saturday is that we don't pick up any more injuries and we dont pick up any straight red cards. I don't care if it's a plucky 0-0 or an absolute horsing. It's dead rubber and all that matters is looking after guys for the Morton game.

Not much of a game.
Roy looked lively out wide. I think he could do ok for us this season. Stewart again ran about without really doing anything. Regardless of how unhappy Nade was with the non-awarding of the penalty, he can't lose the plot with the linesman. We saw the worst of Charleston today. Back pass when the Annan player touches it? We saw the worst of Gallagher today. Picking the ball up after the left back passed it to him. We took the quick free kick. Charleston wasn't pulling it back to be retaken.
Theres not a whole lot you can take from a game like that. We didnt pick up any injuries but Nade's 2 game ban will mean he misses the league opener against Morton. We could really have done without that. The only thing that matters on Saturday is that we don't pick up any more injuries and we dont pick up any straight red cards. I don't care if it's a plucky 0-0 or an absolute horsing. It's dead rubber and all that matters is looking after guys for the Morton game.

2 game ban? ffs that's brutal.