Sons' sorrow

18 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Be interesting to see what happens if Hutton goes up against Gavin Reilly. It could be like the Large Hadron Collider, the two talent vacuums creating some sort of black hole.

Reilly has done something vaguely useful in a Saints shirt already. Even if he strolls around the pitch doing little he is 1 up on Hutton. 

I can't emphasise how much I disliked him in our team. 

Hutton might be the worst midfielder I've ever seen at St Mirren.

Seems to shit himself everytime the ball is passed to him. Pretty poor touch as well. He might make a more useful centre half than midfielder, considering his size (as long as he just stuck to hoofing the ball). 

5 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Hutton might be the worst midfielder I've ever seen at St Mirren.

Seems to shit himself everytime the ball is passed to him. Pretty poor touch as well. He might make a more useful centre half than midfielder, considering his size (as long as he just stuck to hoofing the ball). 

Seems to be the prevalent view on here.I will pass judgement after i ve seen him and pray to the sweet lord he is one of those players who works out with us but no one else.

The thought of Carswell and Hutton in midfield together gives me the boak. My two least favourite St. Mirren players in many, many years.

Carswell, as devoid of talent he is, is about 100x the player Kyle Hutton could ever hope to be.

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The thought of Carswell and Hutton in midfield together gives me the boak. My two least favourite St. Mirren players in many, many years.

Carswell, as devoid of talent he is, is about 100x the player Kyle Hutton could ever hope to be.

I'm sorry, I can take the Hutton slagging, but leave Carsy out of this. He's been excellent for us, and we're a noticeably worse team without him.

He's also one of the very few people to have a larger nose than me. 

Our midfield is looking dynamic and creative at the moment:

Kyle Hutton (163 career appearances, 2 goals)
Stuart Carswell (151 career appearances, 0 goals)
David Wilson (38 career appearances, 0 goals)
Grant Gallagher (241 career appearances, 15 goals)

Spoiler

:( Would far rather we'd gone for McManus, unless Hutton's on the cheap after a megabucks payoff from $t Money

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Oh dear Sons, i know you's have worked miracles with our previous dross but i think this is 1 step too far.

A midfield containing Carswell and Hutton? emoji85.png

Carswell is injured. It might be some time before we see that spectacle. I imagine Hutton will partner Wilson in midfield. Not particularly creative...

17 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Please Saints fans don't slag Sons players,they have a habit of biting us in the arse :wub:

Fancy Saints to win the Championship this year.Please just give us at least 9 points while you do it.Then next year you won't have to worry about your arse being bitten.

It's frustrating looking at this window after some of the signings we made last season - Stirling and Thommo for example. Obviously we're not going to find players like that all the time but i'd rather take a gamble on someone unproven in the championship than a player such as Hutton. It is what it is...

I used to rate hutton when he was with rangers, but can't say he's ever stood out for me at either queens or st mirren,  but I think he'll be a decent signing, especially with aitkens track record of turning players around, and durrant knowing how to get the best out of him.