Sons' sorrow

To brighten up this thread I thought I'd share with you the vest my wife bought for our little one when he/she arrives in January 17ff138bc5a0a59832902b57164e25da.jpg

I for one am over the moon with it!

Could've been worse could've said I love nade cos he's ma daddy lol no fair play m8 looks smart where did ur wife get that done?

Mon the papers

12 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I don't know why you always have to argue with everyone? Could we compete with Dumbarton week in week out with this squad f**k no, Nade is a cracking player. Could we compete in the third division week in with our squad, probably, but thats still two levels below Dumbarton. Even some of the shitey posters from Dumbarton are making you look bad, cmon man.

Local derbies bring out the worst in some posters.  This guy is Orson Welles compared to the eye-bleedingly awful Ayr/Killie cup thread.

Wee Clydebank, trying to resort to slating a guy who was quite clearly the best player on the park today. Despite only playing about 30 minutes. The type of player they could only dream of having at their disposal. Bless.

8f702323a2c525a6d1e8a030d7ea3f02.gif

They have Kieran McAnespie, that pile of shite who could not kick his own arse while at the sons

Could've been worse could've said I love nade cos he's ma daddy lol no fair play m8 looks smart where did ur wife get that done?

Mon the papers

Not sure, somewhere on the internet, she's always finding websites to do stuff like that!

Bankies are a good Junior side. Dumbarton are a good Championship side. There's a significant gulf between the two and it's simply blind ignorance to refuse to acknowledge that fact. Hopefully there won't always be such a gulf though, as it's good for West Dunbartonshire for the teams in the county to be thriving, and I include Yoker (yes, they count as West Dunbartonshire, Holm Park is on the Clydebank side of the border) and Vale of Leven in that.

He's the manager and got us promoted in his 1st half season.
He did play for St Johnstone,Hearts and Fulham as well!

I remember him.at St Johnstone where he made his name, did nothing at Hearts or Fulham

Nobody has said there isn't a gap! 
All I was saying was that the gap isn't as big as some would like to think.
it certainly isn't a £20 to £6 gap imo

You're desperately clutching at straws here trying to use the pricing system as some sort of measurement.

The gulf is huge, you really need to accept it. Absolutely no amount of training games or friendlies will ever change that until Clydebank haul themselves back into the league setup (or we go the other way).

This is absolute classic chip on the shoulder shite we hear from junior fans regularly. More so after a cup shock.

9 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

£20 is too much to watch Championship football, £6 is about right for the Bankies. I'd say around £15/16 would be a fair price for Championship level football, but that doesn't necessarily represent the difference in quality.

For me the gap is pretty large. We've had players make the step up from League 1 to the Championship who couldn't make it, and the same with players from League 2. There are some gems in the Juniors, but for every Garry Fleming, Kris Doolan, Chris Erskine or Gregor Buchanan there's probably a hundred Paul Maxwells, Graham Wilsons and Sean McKenzies who make the jump into League football, and then leave quietly without so much as a trace.

Based on what I've seen of it, the LL is a lower quality (certainly in depth) than the Super Premier and even Super First. If the Bankies were to go into it then I'd expect you to be challenging at the right end of the table, but given East Kilbride couldn't beat a woeful Cowdenbeath team (managed by Gary F Locke of all people) I'd say that your current level would be top end LL/bottom couple of L2 places.

I don't think you'll find a Sons fan who doesn't want you lot back in the league system though. Once the ground situation is sorted I'd love to see you guys in the Lowland League, and you've got the fanbase (and location) to be able to attract a decent calibre of player. Failing that you could just buy Airdrie when they go defunct shortly, I'd happily chip in to help you with that ;)

The gap is massive. Dumbarton have survived in the championship getting 30+ points every season. I struggle to see how Clydebank would get more than about 3 points from 36 games. I think that Clydebank fans may underestimate how difficult the championship is, Every single point we earned last season we had to give absolutely everything to gain it and the players where utterly spent physically by the end of each match. Yesterday half of our first team beat Clydebank without even breaking a sweat.

Its just a fact that part time football at league level is grossly over priced.

It would seem that clubs just want to soak the ever dwindling band of loyal fans.

Youre never going to get anybody with a passing interest in football to part with £20 to watch a part time football club.

Scottish football needs a total shake up from top to bottom.

Sadly it won't happen with guys like Regan and Doncaster at the helm.

10 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

The gap is massive. Dumbarton have survived in the championship getting 30+ points every season. I struggle to see how Clydebank would get more than about 3 points from 36 games. I think that Clydebank fans may underestimate how difficult the championship is, Every single point we earned last season we had to give absolutely everything to gain it and the players where utterly spent physically by the end of each match. Yesterday half of our first team beat Clydebank without even breaking a sweat.

It was our 1st game and we had 5 trialists and a few players missing as well but carry on believing what you want.

Edited by Bankies Alive

It would seem that clubs just want to soak the ever dwindling band of loyal fans.
Youre never going to get anybody with a passing interest in football to part with £20 to watch a part time football club.

I don't think you'll find many in this thread or in Scottish football as a whole who'll disagree with this.

It's the claim that there maybe isn't the massive gulf that there evidently is, between us (the Championship) and Clydebank that's utterly laughable and has rightly been absolutely torn to shreds.

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

£20 is too much to watch Championship football, £6 is about right for the Bankies. I'd say around £15/16 would be a fair price for Championship level football, but that doesn't necessarily represent the difference in quality.

For me the gap is pretty large. We've had players make the step up from League 1 to the Championship who couldn't make it, and the same with players from League 2. There are some gems in the Juniors, but for every Garry Fleming, Kris Doolan, Chris Erskine or Gregor Buchanan there's probably a hundred Paul Maxwells, Graham Wilsons and Sean McKenzies who make the jump into League football, and then leave quietly without so much as a trace.

Based on what I've seen of it, the LL is a lower quality (certainly in depth) than the Super Premier and even Super First. If the Bankies were to go into it then I'd expect you to be challenging at the right end of the table, but given East Kilbride couldn't beat a woeful Cowdenbeath team (managed by Gary F Locke of all people) I'd say that your current level would be top end LL/bottom couple of L2 places.

I don't think you'll find a Sons fan who doesn't want you lot back in the league system though. Once the ground situation is sorted I'd love to see you guys in the Lowland League, and you've got the fanbase (and location) to be able to attract a decent calibre of player. Failing that you could just buy Airdrie when they go defunct shortly, I'd happily chip in to help you with that ;)

There's no doubt that we as a club will have a decision to make in the next few seasons regarding our future.

Hopefully the SFA will have come up with a better solution to what's in place at the moment though.

10 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Should we be charging less than the likes of Falkirk and Dundee United for the same product though, just because we're part-time? Some Falkirk fans had that discussion with us a while back, and I though it was bizarre.

League football is over priced. It doesn't matter whether it's Celtic against Aberdeen, or Edinburgh City against Cowdenbeath.

There's a really decent interview with Durrant in The Sun today if anyone's interested. Comes across as a really decent guy, who is just delighted be back involved with the sport he loves.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1289327/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Mate we had the worst trialists known to man out playing for us and we still beat you. Deal with it.

U r a clown deal with that. It was a friendly and we even played with 10 men for 15-20 mins or so and we had mcanespie on the bench (dunno why he never put himself on) Dumbarton have done brilliant 2 stay in championship past 5 years might no do it this year they might. I thought used would go down last season so wit doni know lol

Mon the papers