Sons' sorrow

31 minutes ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

Any word on the new strip, what would you like to see, white or yellow as the main colour ?

It has to be white. Very few clubs have truly original designs these days, but our white with the black and gold band is pretty much instantly recognisable as a Sons' strip, and unique to us. I'll be majorly disappointed if we go back to the orangey yellow designs.

Disappointed if you go for a centre half that's not Jason Kerr, he needs a championship loan this season and a part time team would be grand.

Disappointed if you go for a centre half that's not Jason Kerr, he needs a championship loan this season and a part time team would be grand.

I was hoping we might be after him too. That's more down to the fact I've signed him three times on Football Manager though.

Nice to see us finally being linked with players...maybe we'll get a hashtag sensational Saturday...

Porteous did very well last season albeit in League 2, I'm sure he actually won players' player of the year for City. Coped well for a 17 year old. Dumbarton would be a decent move for him, would certainly be interesting to see how he does at Championship level. 

He's very highly regarded at Hibs as well, can't remember the last player we gave a 5 year deal to at that age and without any first team games for us. 

Edited by Zing.

I thin enough time has passed for me to take some flak.

the kids top having a white gap with no sponsor instead of a continuous stripe - I was called and asked my view on what would be best & suggested the gap because I'd assumed that kids would want to wear a jersey as close to the players version as possible.

In hindsight it was a shoddy call and would have been ten times better without.

hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me. #forgivenessisthekey

29 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

I thin enough time has passed for me to take some flak.

the kids top having a white gap with no sponsor instead of a continuous stripe - I was called and asked my view on what would be best & suggested the gap because I'd assumed that kids would want to wear a jersey as close to the players version as possible.

In hindsight it was a shoddy call and would have been ten times better without.

hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me. #forgivenessisthekey

As someone who had to wear a sponsor-less strip I appreciate your honesty.  I will forgive you but just know it will not take back the amount of ridicule I received from my OF supporting mates.

Some top but

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

This (or similar), please.

Capture.JPG

I've seen very similar 'templates' to this jersey in Joma's online catalogue a while back, so there's possibly no reason Sons couldn't resurrect something similar to that beauty.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Agreed....outstanding top and design.

32 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Some top but

18 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

That's a cracker.

11 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I've seen very similar 'templates' to this jersey in Joma's online catalogue a while back, so there's possibly no reason Sons couldn't resurrect something similar to that beauty.

Make it happen DFC!!

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Capture.JPG

I hated that top, not at first, since I bought it, but every time I wore it, we got beat. I'd rather three solid stripes. It would also be good if the club had the means to print names on the back. 

50 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I hated that top, not at first, since I bought it, but every time I wore it, we got beat. I'd rather three solid stripes. It would also be good if the club had the means to print names on the back. 

I got one in 2008 done at Greaves Sports on Sauchiehall St, but think it was something to do with Partick Thistle, they did a rotten job and it started peeling off within a day.

I wonder if you got the patches/letters/numbers yourself (http://www.sporting-id.com/portal/official-league/spfl-15.html) if TTL would put them on for you for like a fiver or something (assuming it's them that does it for the club and not a third party).

54 minutes ago, optimistic said:

You can get names printed at TTL, or if you buy a strip on their website.

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/shop/football-clubs/name-and-number/