Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Steven Craig said:

You must need a trip to the opticians if you don't see an issue with that pathetic excuse for a ground. I don't think there's a more disgraceful and boring ground in Scottish Football than the Strathclyde Homes, Bet Butler or whatever pish sponsor it's got these days. Sooner the The Sons are back in the 2nd the better. A joke of a side well out of their depth in the 2nd tier.  

Bw3skAgIMAAsX8D.jpg

35 minutes ago, Steven Craig said:

Been to Balloch a few times. Had a venture into that McDonald's next to the caravan site a number of years ago, shame some wino/junkie crackpot came in once with a glass of wine on his knees. Place is crawling with them. 

That was the full length mirror you were looking at.

2 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

Been to Balloch a few times. Had a venture into that McDonald's next to the caravan site a number of years ago, shame some wino/junkie crackpot came in once with a glass of wine on his knees. Place is crawling with them. 

That's probably one o the best McDonald's outlets in The Shire, always piping hot. :1eye

*Burrpp*

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why do Aitken's Army hate Ben Gordon? emoji38.png

Seen a few mentions on the Facebook group from folk wanting us to sign him and they seem right aff it. Did he tackle Garry Fleming once?

Was wondering that myself. The comment about him just walking in and being made captain is pretty ironic, given that's exactly what Barr and (one of their favourites) Andy Graham did.

If we sign Gordon (totally randomly as I've heard nothing) and lose Barr he'd be right up there for the captaincy imo. Takes a certain type of player to do it, and he is that type. 

53 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why do Aitken's Army hate Ben Gordon? emoji38.png

Seen a few mentions on the Facebook group from folk wanting us to sign him and they seem right aff it. Did he tackle Garry Fleming once?

50 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Was wondering that myself. The comment about him just walking in and being made captain is pretty ironic, given that's exactly what Barr and (one of their favourites) Andy Graham did.

If we sign Gordon (totally randomly as I've heard nothing) and lose Barr he'd be right up there for the captaincy imo. Takes a certain type of player to do it, and he is that type. 

I did a wee search for said posts, and found this wee gem instead.

#historicsignings

Capture.JPG

Aitken 10/1 with McBookie for the Dundee job, within a week of signing a 2-year contract with us :lol:

McBookie are pretty clueless in general. Gary Locke was Evens for us for ages before it went to Skelton. They even had the Dalbeattie Star manager listed :lol:

And I remember saying I was surprised Jim Chapman wasn't listed given he managed Annan. The next day his name was up.