Sons' sorrow

Evening all,
Just to let you know that my dad's (Campbell Smith) funeral will be held at St Patrick's church, Dumbarton on Friday at 10am.

Again, thanks to everyone for your kind words and condolences and I'll see you all on the 6th

Come on the sons!!!

No service on Thursday night pal?

Hmm.. I think we should expect that some players would be rested but by the sounds of it it's primarily for the Raith game.

I'll cling to the silver lining that players desperate to make an impression will balance out the jaded first teamers thinking about their holidays.

I'll cling to the silver lining that players desperate to make an impression will balance out the jaded first teamers thinking about their holidays.

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for too.

First team players with nothing to prove and who may be tired, whereas I'm hopeful that the youngsters playing will be eager to impress. It wouldn't do their contract chances any good if they didn't put in a decent performance.

I don't know much of Hibs' squad outside their strongest eleven, anyone any idea of the players likely to be lining up for them this evening?

Just to give everyone a wee heads up, the Trust are in the process of arranging another Play for the Sons day, with July 1st looking to be the date for it. The format will be similar to the last one in that you bid for your shirt (online auction) and highest bid for that shirt wins. Full details will be on the website as soon as we have things firmed up but you may want to keep some money aside if you fancy playing.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Just to give everyone a wee heads up, the Trust are in the process of arranging another Play for the Sons day, with July 1st looking to be the date for it. The format will be similar to the last one in that you bid for your shirt (online auction) and highest bid for that shirt wins. Full details will be on the website as soon as we have things firmed up but you may want to keep some money aside if you fancy playing.

Mark Brown likes this.

Just as a guide how much did shirts go for last time Moonster?

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Just as a guide how much did shirts go for last time Moonster?

The last time it was £100 minimum bid for a starting 11 shirt and £50 for a subs top.  A bid of £250 for any shirt would secure that shirt for you. It may be slightly different this time round for the subs place but we're looking at similar price ranges. 15 places up for grabs on each side (1GK, 14 outfield) and we'll hopefully have some Sons legends managing each team :)

I've also been told it may need to be moved to the 8th of July instead of the 1st, but I'll keep you updated.

The last time it was £100 minimum bid for a starting 11 shirt and £50 for a subs top.  A bid of £250 for any shirt would secure that shirt for you. It may be slightly different this time round for the subs place but we're looking at similar price ranges. 15 places up for grabs on each side (1GK, 14 outfield) and we'll hopefully have some Sons legends managing each team [emoji4]
I've also been told it may need to be moved to the 8th of July instead of the 1st, but I'll keep you updated.

Cheers, I will break open the piggy bank and get counting

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'd like to officially thank Hibernian Football Club, James Keatings and Grant Holt for tonight. Makes things look even more hopeful for us.

Whilst I agree it's a good result for us, I'm not getting over excited. I'd like to think it won't happen but we could lose our last 2, meaning if St Mirren beat Raith on Saturday and then Raith beat Ayr on the final day we would be 9th. On paper that's not an inconceivable turn of events but we know we've got a decent side and everyone's still fighting. We just need a point more, IMO.