Sons' sorrow

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm sure everyone will be devastated to learn that Mark Brown is officially away.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2940

All the best to him in his retirement. Goalkeeper to Policeman. The guy must have parking warden next up on his wishlist :lol:

Is that goalkeeper, or gaolkeeper?

Forward Joe Nuttall has joined us on an emergency loan from Aberdeen. Was with Stranraer early in the season where he started well and faded. Good to see some squad movement though.
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2941

Not really heard of the boy but if he pops up with a few goals then happy days. Imagine he will be handy this weekend with nade and Fleming out

1 minute ago, falkirkwasp said:

Joe nutall played against us earlier in the season, if i remember rightly he was playing his first game for stranraer, big physical presence but dont see who he would play infront of unless you have injuries..

Stevie favours a big physical targetman in our 4-2-3-1, so with Nade and Fleming both suspended this week I'd imagine he might start. We tried playing SeaGal as a targetman last week, but it clearly wasn't working - he needs balls along the ground for him to run onto.

I'd guess he'll start this week and then, depending on how he does, share targetman duties with Nade for the rest of the season. One playing 60/70 minutes and then being replaced by the other.

I'm cautiously optimistic that he might suit our style of play

Lewis Vaughan on loan is literally the most bizarre signing I can ever remember.

How many points were you below Raith when he signed?

I think we were 4 behind them. It is a strange one as whilst Lewis is not allowed to play against Raith he has contributed towards us winnings points. If Raith go down he returns to them at the end of the season as a league 1 side with a year's contract to go. He was delighted with his goal today too.