Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Hmmmmm......

nade.png

Time to turn on the charm-o-meter on BBPF. 

FWIW I think Paddy's worries about us turning into a long ball team won't come to fruition. We all know Nade is far better with the ball played into his feet than he is with high balls becuase, to be brutally honest, he isn't great in the air. The biggest misconception about him is that he's a target man. He is a target, but not a target man and (IIRC) it's not a position he enjoys playing.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I saw that yesterday, interesting that, not for the first time on the page, that Paddy uses the term 'we'.  Does he count himself as a Son, above all the other teams that he's played for?

Out of the teams he's played for, maybe. However, in general he's a Sellick fan.

Aye he's most defo a Celtic man but it's nice to see he still cares about the Sons.

Nothing used to please me more than seeing the Padster get it right up all the old duffers in our support who spent 90% of the time moaning at him. A statue of him doing the 'shhh' towards them should be erected at the summit of the rock IMO.

*Shameless self promotion time*

Good news for everyone who doesn't want to spend their evening watching atrocious television, I've written an end of year statistical review. It's nowhere near as long as last year's 10,000 word epic, but it has taken me even longer to make. I've got a big folder where I keep all my notes from everything I've written for the Lennox this year and thought I could turn it into something (relatively) interesting (for people like me).

I'll stick it up after the final stats have been updated today, however I thought I'd best prepare everyone first.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good news for everyone who doesn't want to spend their evening watching atrocious television, I've written an end of year statistical review. It's nowhere near as long as last year's 10,000 word epic, but it has taken me even longer to make. I've got a big folder where I keep all my notes from everything I've written for the Lennox this year and thought I could turn it into something (relatively) interesting (for people like me).

I'll stick it up after the final stats have been updated today, however I thought I'd best prepare everyone first.

I've got a semi already.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I considered sticking them each in a poly pocket to protect them, but then I decided that even I have to draw that line somewhere.

Aye, but then you can make sub-notes in highlighter pen on the actual poly pocket, which is removable/wipeable, and can be amended to sub-sub notes.

^^^Spent too much of his life working in offices^^^

Prints a dying medium.

Bonnyrigg apart, I think we've won three and drew one from the four league games in December.

I think we re seeing a more balanced team now with the running of stanton and stirling.

Hopefully we ll come out of the Jan window in good shape.

Cheers all