Sons' sorrow

Early reminder of the Sonstrust AGM this Wednesday.

Whether you're for the stadium move, against it or just down right hungry for more information it's vital that we get a good turn out on Nov 23rd. Ian Wilson (Dumbarton FC and Brabco director) will be there along with Roddy the Planning Guy. We need a strong show of numbers to let Ian Wilson know that whatever our views are on the proposals, we won't be passive and simply sit back and watch whatever eventually happens.

We've got trust business to attend to as part of the AGM but the major focus on the night will be ensuring that our members get the chance to properly scrutinise the proposals and to ask probing questions.

This is your chance to get involved and the bigger the turnout of trust members then the more seriously any concerns will be taken. There might be football on TV. It might be a dreich early winter evening. It's hugely important that as many folk as possible get down to the Rock Bowling Club for 7pm and take the opportunity to have their voice heard. We simply can't afford to sleepwalk towards whatever the eventual outcome of Brabco's stadium proposals will be.

Your Sonstrust needs you on November 23rd.

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

Missed loads of pages about the whole new stadium chat.

Someone break it down into points and facts for me.. (Looking at you sonsteam of 08, you enjoy a big post)

Tactics, stats and dross like that - me. Stadium stuff is pretty complex businessy stuff in places, I'd say Wilf or OKI are your best bets. They are certainly the most knowledgeable about it on here I think.

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Tactics, stats and dross like that - me. Stadium stuff is pretty complex businessy stuff in places, I'd say Wilf or OKI are your best bets. They are certainly the most knowledgeable about it on here I think.

And that, together with a lack of engagement and scrutiny from an acquiescent public, is exactly what Brabco will be banking on.

#getyourarsedownonwednesday

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And that, together with a lack of engagement and scrutiny from an acquiescent public, is exactly what Brabco will be banking on.

It's not quite hashtag wonderful Wednesday, but it'll have to do. I'll be there, don't you worry :) I just feel you and Wilf are far better at explaining the stadium stuff than I am. Also I'm just in from training, absolutely freezing and have been up since 6 :lol:

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Exactly, did anyone notice Saturdays attendance? 600. 4th in The Championship, Raith Rovers @ home. The apathy is palpable

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Would need to take solid evidence of positive outcomes for me to get on board, I like our ground, close to me, fit for purpose and we really have no reason to move.

Come down on Wednesday if you can and tell him exactly that. As far as I can make out Ian Wilson will be there presenting his evidence for why this is a great move for us. He might settle your concerns or he might give you more, but we probably won't get another chance to ask him direct questions. If nobody shows up and nobody asks questions, they'll see that as a green light from the fans. 

Andrew Laird Hosie wouldn't be Andy Hosie who was involved with Bet Butler, would it? - http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/742509-director-in-7m-betting-scam-banned-for-12-years.html

For anyone who can't be arsed clicking the link:

THE director of a betting company which went bust with debts of more than £7m has been disqualified for 12 years following an Insolvency Service investigation.

Andrew Laird Hosie, 44, ran Gambling Insight Ltd, based in Birmingham, as an investment vehicle for arbitrage gambling.

This was a system  where bets were placed with different betting companies to enable the punter to make a profit, regardless of the outcome by using the variance in odds offered by different bookmakers.

It was facilitated by software which scanned the online betting markets to detect the bookmakers at which the appropriate bets should be placed.

Hosie, who lives in Cheshire, had obtained an estimated £7.161m from both direct investors and syndicates, under representations that the gambling of the investment monies was virtually risk free.

Claims were made including that “It is a Mathematical Certainty we will win and profit TAX FREE”.

However, after the company went into administration, practically none of the £7,161,221 has been traced, due to the inadequacies in the company accounting records.

In addition, Hosie has admitted that he made a number of misleading statements to investors, or conversely failed to inform them of material events and actions:

•    He continued informing new and existing investors of the low risks of the investment after losing an estimated £2.5m of syndicate money in February 2014.

•    He failed to inform new and existing investors that he began gambling with their monies from that time, contrary to his agreement with them that arbitrage gambling would be conducted at no risk.

•    He sent screenshots to investors from July 2014 which showed healthy balances on those accounts, which he knew to be untrue, and:

•    He informed syndicate investors that over £1m of investor monies were frozen in a bank account, when he knew that that too was untrue.

The disqualification prevents Hosie from directly or indirectly becoming involved in the promotion, formation or management of a company for the duration of their disqualification terms.

David Brooks, group leader at The Insolvency Service, said: “Mr Hosie promoted this investment as practically risk free. However, the truth of the matter was that Mr Hosie has lost the investors money through a combination of gambling and a failure to keep records which would show how it has been disposed of, through the thousands of gambling accounts operated by the company.

“This is serious misconduct and the high period of disqualification should serve as a message that honesty and openness is an essential element of a director’s role.”

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Andrew Laird Hosie wouldn't be Andy Hosie who was involved with Bet Butler, would it? - http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/742509-director-in-7m-betting-scam-banned-for-12-years.html

For anyone who can't be arsed clicking the link:

Given that Laird Hosie is an unusual middle and last name combo, I'd hazard a guess it was....

http://www.checkdirector.co.uk/director/callum-hosie/