Sons' sorrow

On 15/11/2016 at 15:27, The Moonster said:

One of the biggest things for me with the promised revenue from functions etc. is that we aren't actually realising the potential of our current facilities. If the board had a track record of making these tyes of things a success I'd find it easier to get on board with the idea, but given that most feedback from the general public include phrases such as "difficult to deal with" or "not very welcoming" I just can't accet that this new venture will be plain sailing.

Good comments though, Benito, and ones I hope all Sons fans heed.

[/quote]
Moonster cracking post spot on,as is your later post with positive suggestions on what we could do. The sad part is, that as much as this would drive income up and at little cost to the club, as the trust would manage for free, the club are not interested. 
It's amazing the trust rep keeps such a positive outlook when every offer is usually rejected. 

Its hard to recall an area where the trust has failed. Producing the programme, getting the Youth development set up with support from Gilbert and AJ, trust membership, running the bus,significant  investment in the supporters bar, buying shares, social nights,  ok3 and his quizzes generating funds, walk to the rock, driving up hospitality attendance etc etc I just can't figure out why the hesitancy. I feel for AJ, a true fan, that runs the day to day stuff for free and the pressure with shit we don't see, but to have a free resource and not use it, is for a business, crazy.

So when Ian Wilson talks about commercial opportunities why doesn't he help drive maxing out at the Rock. Your suggestions were practical and could be implemented. The more people use the stadium and get down to the stadium the better. Sweat the asset it's paid for, the  only costs are variable. If we can't prove we have maxed out on currently facilities the dream of success on a cow field in the middle of nowhere is nonsense. What is the strategy for the current site? What are the targets ? Why doesn't he use the trust to help him drive them. 

For Brabco it's about getting a return on their investment,nothing else. The challenge is how do we help them deliver that without putting the club at risk.

What time is the AGM at on the 23rd and where is it being held?

This year the AGM will be held at the Rock bowling club. The meeting will start at 7pm. There is some formalities to attend to regarding trust administrative matters and board membership. Once that has been taken care of there will be a presentation from Ian Wilson and Roddy the planning guy (I think) and the chance to ask questions or air views on the proposal. With Ian Wilson in attendance its vital that the AGM is well attended and that trust members use the opportunity to ask probing questions.

Alistair

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Walsh and hardie are confirmed as going back to rangers in Jan. Not sure if these were always 6 month loan deals or not?

Don't think they'll be missed regardless

Lifted from the St Mirren forum

Hardie's a player I've wanted us to pick up for a few seasons now. Would love us to bring him in if it would be possible, a bit of pace and finishing ability would be most welcome.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Lifted from the St Mirren forum

Hardie's a player I've wanted us to pick up for a few seasons now. Would love us to bring him in if it would be possible, a bit of pace and finishing ability would be most welcome.

For anyone to come in, we will need people to leave.  I would assume Stevie might look at doing that in January but it's not always easy as we need clubs to take them (and the players need to want to leave!).  Also, our style of play would probably mean that someone like Hardie is wasted.

16 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

This year the AGM will be held at the Rock bowling club. The meeting will start at 7pm. There is some formalities to attend to regarding trust administrative matters and board membership. Once that has been taken care of there will be a presentation from Ian Wilson and Roddy the planning guy (I think) and the chance to ask questions or air views on the proposal. With Ian Wilson in attendance its vital that the AGM is well attended and that trust members use the opportunity to ask probing questions.

Alistair

That's right: the general meeting for trust members (sign up is possible on the night) should start by  7.30pm. Both Ian Wilson and Roddy MacLeod will be there, and hopefully other DFC directors. 

The AGM beforehand will also include not just the formal business, but a report on the trust's work relating to the stadium proposals and the future of the club. Details are on the trust website (https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/agm-and-supporters-meeting/) Facebook page and twitter feed, plus both local papers over the past three weeks, and in several posts on this thread. We've also mailed all trust members and will do so again, and there will be a display and info in the Community Suite this coming matchday versus Raith. So hopefully people are getting the message!

We want and need a really good turnout. If you care, be there!

Simon

Edited by TheFarPost

I hear that the value of the land at the Rock is a fraction of what we were once led to believe. Once clearing the site and decontaminating the land is taken into consideration, then the value of the land for building would, if my info is correct, make it not viable.  This is indeed good news as my worry was always what happens if Dalmoak doesn't? The cut and run option some feared is no longer there.

5 hours ago, maddog 1965 said:

hear raith game we have 16 yr old n bench never played out his age group what happened to the 5 boys out on loan to jnrs thought they would the option

If the injuries aren't long term then I wouldn't bother bringing them back - especially if they are getting a decent amount of game time at the club's they are at.

To be honest I'd rather have inexperienced 16 year olds than empty seats on the bench, what a fantastic opportunity for them just to be around the squad on a match day.