Sons' sorrow

Fair amount of chat in the local press regarding the 'waterfront walkway'. It appears funding has been secured and this will be going ahead sooner rather than later.

Do the council really want the pests and noisy neighbours that are Dumbarton FC getting in the way of their expensive new walkway?

36 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Its all a big secret, unfortunately, I'd love an update on the new stadium.

Anyone heard how the Josh Todd tribunal went?

I don't think there ever was a tribunal, merely the Annan chairman bumping his gums because he knew there was f**k all he could do about it.

21 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

However, the Sons have been able to beat Dundee United and hold league leaders Queen of the South to a draw at home this season. Away from home, their only point was an away draw against Morton. The team having NOT received any large defeats, in fact ONLY ONE (A CUP GAME) of their games this season, has been decided by more than one goal.

My suggested corrections in bold.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think there ever was a tribunal, merely the Annan chairman bumping his gums because he knew there was f**k all he could do about it.

There was definitely a meeting of the appropriate people a fortnight ago, to discuss the situation, yet the club have never let the fans know the outcome.

There was definitely a meeting of the appropriate people a fortnight ago, to discuss the situation, yet the club have never let the fans know the outcome.

I'd be hugely surprised if the move happened in my lifetime based on what I've heard over the past year or so.

13 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Take no news as good news. If we'd been ordered to pay Annan compensation it would be reported somewhere, not least the Annan website.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So, Jack Ross to take the reins at St Mirren.  Discuss.

Alloa will regress. St.Mirren will progress.

Morton to continue with their poor record against Saints.Sons to finish eighth (slightly off-topic but wishful thinking).

Good luck to him, in what could be a difficult managerial position. I doubt though, that he'll make such a ham fist of it as his two predecessors.

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon