Sons' sorrow

Do we think that's the signings done for now until we see some trialists in action in some friendlies?

Hard to tell really. As far as I'm aware we only really have one 'signable' player on training with us just now. There may be others but the pics would suggest it's only Smith who falls into that category.

I'd expect 1 or 2 next week with perhaps another 1 or 2 on loan when parent clubs decide who they are willing to loan out for the season. Total guesswork at the minute, not many rumours flying around.

Anyone know if you can play trialists in the League cup as i would anticipate we will be using those four games as glorified friendlies if you can

As BBPF has said, don't think you can. Which is always a shame, because everyone knows that these first games are 'glorified friendlies'.

It's all very quiet. It seems like the rest of the bunch that should be our main competition this season are too with regards to signings.

On paper we look stronger than Ayr, QotS, Morton and quite possibly Dunfermline but of course that could all change.

It's all very quiet. It seems like the rest of the bunch that should be our main competition this season are too with regards to signings.

On paper we look stronger than Ayr, QotS, Morton and quite possibly Dunfermline but of course that could all change.

I'm not convinced we are stronger than those teams, mainly cos I haven't looked up their squads, or if indeed we are stronger than last season, I definitely think if we are going with a smaller squad, then we're still 3 quality players short, a proper rb, another creative midfielder to challenge Stevenson, and an experienced striker(nade hopefully), and that's before dipping into the loan market, preferably for another option for Docherty, he's another who needs a challenge from another player to get the best out of him, but we're probably a fortnight away from being finalized before the loans come in, no panic

As things stand you guys have a weaker squad than all of the above you need a major dose of reality.

As things stand you guys have a weaker squad than all of the above you need a major dose of reality.