Sons' sorrow

Don't think there is, I'd imagine squad pictures will go up on Twitter on the day of the game, but there's no teamlines I can find.

I know the following are doing from other articles, but that's it I'm afraid:

Jordan Moore

Alex Cooper

Zaine Francis-Angol

Grant Anderson

Dougie Hill is taking part as well..

Jamie Masson

Dale Fulton

Another two who are at the exit trial

Jamie Masson :lol: One of the worst trialist performances I've seen at the rovers was him last year in our 2-0 friendly loss to East Fife. Couldn't pass the ball 2 yards the whole game. Nothing went for him :lol: Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Steve saying 3 more players, not to expect anything soon, due to players being on holiday, and defense is finished, and only looking for versatile players, and wouldn't be drawn on Stevenson's best position, still sounds a bit gloomy for me, oh aye, Ryan Clark and amadou kassarate expected to step up from the youths

Steve saying 3 more players, not to expect anything soon, due to players being on holiday, and defense is finished, and only looking for versatile players, and wouldn't be drawn on Stevenson's best position, still sounds a bit gloomy for me, oh aye, Ryan Clark and amadou kassarate expected to step up from the youths

Give him a contract for life. He has an exotic sounding name, he can't possibly be anything other than fantastic.

3 more players? :lol:

We're fucked if we're running with a squad of 18 with 2 of those being Ryan Clark and the other untested youngster who I've never actually heard of before.

I'm not buying that's what we'll go with, and if it is then i'd suggest we all set our expectations very low. 'Versatille' players concern me a bit as well, I'd far rather have someone who's very good in a singular position than some one who's average over 2 or 3 positions.

Due to the negative vibe I'm getting from every interview Stevie gives my expectations are already low af. I'm not panicking about our signings but all the chat so far is making it nigh on impossible to have any sort of positive feelings for the upcoming season.

Defence is weak IMO  in terms of depth....3 signings need to be good ones

The whole team is looking fairly week. I remember Stevie saying he wants versatile players so we can have a few in every position, so I thought I'd test out that theory. Here's how every position looks.

Goalkeeper: Ewings, Brown

RB: Pettigrew, Barr, Galllagher

CB: Pettigrew, Wright, Barr, Buchanan

LB: Docherty, Pettigrew, Wright

LM: Stirling, Stevenson

RM: Stirling, Stevenson, Gallagher, Fleming

CDM: Gallagher, Barr, Fleming, Docherty

CAM: Stevenson, Fleming, McCallum, Stirling, Gallagher

ST: Thomson, Fleming, McCallum, Stevenson, Stirling, Gallagher

I've stuck in bold the players who I think are naturals in that position. Looks like there will be a lot of square pegs in round holes this year. Stevie grumbling in the press about budgets is one thing, but the fact we don't appear to have a natural right-winger, or right-back is not the budgets fault.

It sounds to me, and I know this will come across as panicky, that he has almost resigned himself to a poor season - and is trying to resign us to that fact too by firing out plenty of excuses. 

Clark looked tidy enough towards the end of Ian Murray's time, and I wouldn't be averse promoting him to the 'top team', but I don't fancy him being our first choice right-winger.

Anybody know anything about Kassarate?

Edit: Kassarate is a Senegal U20 international, so that's decent enough...I guess. He also 'loves playing PS4' according to the website. Midfielder or striker apparently.

How exactly did a Senegal U20 who was born in London end up in our Youth team anyway?!

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I haven't seen Kassarate play but I can say with absolute certainty that he's brilliant.  

I don't see anything wrong with looking for versatile players, especially if we need to run with a small squad.  We're clearly going to have a team of hard working b*****ds and hope that the likes of Stirling, Stevenson and I assume the loan player we're after to provide the quality.  It's also clear that McCallum is going to have a big part in this season, which is something we've all been waiting for - perhaps being forced to use him more often will be a good thing.  It's not ideal but I think it's doing the best with what we've got.

I don't see any need for panic before a competitive ball is kicked.

Having read his comments again, sounds to me like he's telling us 2 or 3 more signings but he's looking at far more going by the words he's used. Wouldn't surprise me if he's estimating 2 or 3 but if we have the opportunity to sign more and the budget allows then that's what we'll do. Again, this seems reasonable to me, if he'd told us 4 or 5 more we'd expect 4 or 5 more, if he's unsure that it'll be worthwhile/possible to add that much then he's not going to commit to it in public.