Sons' sorrow

We're does Anderson play ?

He's a old fashioned hit the byline type of winger, works well in a 4-4-2 with an attacking full back. Fast, direct but also tall, he's good at flick ons and hold up play as well. Final ball can be pretty dodgy at times though.

Actually pretty influential in this game against you guys back in 2015:

http://www.raithrovers.net/17826/raith-rovers-2-1-dumbarton-2.htm

Skins the lad and then a good run for the penalty for our first, and pops up a the back post to score the second.

Also, that backwards header:

http://www.raithrovers.net/12866/hibernian-2-3-raith-rovers.htm

Edited by renton

Are Dumbarton a mixture of part time and full time players? Would be really surprised if Anderson went part time if I'm honest.

Nope, fully part-time. I guess it depends if he's got anything planned for life outside football. Starting off in Juniors, and then playing p/t with Stenny I'd imagine he must have had something outside of the game (besides refereeing). He could make more p/t with a p/t other job than he would f/t at Airdrie, Livi etc.

Are Dumbarton a mixture of part time and full time players? Would be really surprised if Anderson went part time if I'm honest.

Entirely part-time.  Realistically there are only maybe 4 full-time teams that could potentially be interested in him, those being Morton, Queens, Livi and Airdrie.  I'd be confident of us beating the wages of the latter two for this year.  Grant's been part-time before too, I'm not sure it's too much of a stretch.  With us looking to run with less players with a bit more quality I'd be surprised if we weren't throwing a deal his way.

With our cutbacks, I'm a bit wary of where our squad will be come the first game, are we going to continue to pick players up from below us, can we afford any big players, I actually thought Jim Goodwin was an almost definite signing for us

In Barr and Gallagher we have 2 players who are there to do the dirty work in midfield, even Fleming can play there if needed. IMO signing Goodwin would again take us fown the road of having all graft and no creativity in midfield.

I think the squad is actually in pretty good shape at this point in time, especially looking at the squads others have signed up - I'm certainly not afraid of anyone just now. I trust the management to get it right after rushing into things last year.

Jim Goodwin is completely finished. No sane person should want him to sign. Might do a turn in the seaside leagues as a centre half, but he's well past playing at any decent level, particularly in the midfield where at least a small bit of mobility is required.

Is there a list of who's taking part in these PFA exit trials? Seen a few names mentioned but struggling to find a list.

Don't think there is, I'd imagine squad pictures will go up on Twitter on the day of the game, but there's no teamlines I can find.

I know the following are doing from other articles, but that's it I'm afraid:

Jordan Moore

Alex Cooper

Zaine Francis-Angol

Grant Anderson