Sons' sorrow

Scott Taggart Andy Graham. Calum Waters Jordan Kirkpatrick Graham Holmes Kevin Cawley Mitch Megginson. If Alloa win promotion this coming season I reckon Dumbarton deserve a commission. It's good to see that ex. Dumbartonians are in demand.

Fair point but I'm sure Megginson has left and moved back to Aberdeen. Fully expect him to sign for Peterhead or another team up that way.

Scott Taggart Andy Graham. Calum Waters Jordan Kirkpatrick Graham Holmes Kevin Cawley Mitch Megginson. If Alloa win promotion this coming season I reckon Dumbarton deserve a commission. It's good to see that ex. Dumbartonians are in demand.

Megginson has left Alloa, but it did make me think they would be a good team to loan the Don to with so many familiar faces and they are building to push for the title.

Edited by albundy

Megginson has left Alloa, but it did make me think they would be a good team to loan the Don to with so many familiar faces and they are building to push for the title.

I think a League Two or lower-end League One side would suit, if we were to be considering such an arrangement. It'd be better somewhere where he's almost guaranteed starts in games, whereas I'm not sure he'd be in that position at Alloa.

Absolutely no idea when it was, but my first memory is a 2-1 (iirc) defeat to Stenhousemuir. They scored fairly late on I think and the fury from it still lives with me.

I think our kit was fairly yellow, and it was at the Rock, but that's all I can remember other than the score and the opponents.

Edit: A quick check on SonsArchive would suggest it was 1-0 with an injury time goal

http://sonsarchive.com/matchdetails.php?id=3881

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/3140958.stm

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Absolutely no idea when it was, but my first memory is a 2-1 (iirc) defeat to Stenhousemuir. They scored fairly late on I think and the fury from it still lives with me.

I think our kit was fairly yellow, and it was at the Rock, but that's all I can remember other than the score and the opponents.

Edit: A quick check on SonsArchive would suggest it was 1-0 with an injury time goal

http://sonsarchive.com/matchdetails.php?id=3881

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/3140958.stm

Was at that game...john mcveigh was stennys manager...neil collins was sent off  and cannae mind who scored for muir in the 91st minute.Also my nephews first game.

My first game vs st johnstone 1982 ...5-2 sons at muirton park...raymond blair the star man......thats when i becme a sons fan.....next game was at gayfield 1989 1 all draw with robert docherty getting a last minute penalty equalizer

I remember it being at boghead, Celtic I think, (maybe rangers), 3-3, or maybe just beat 3-4, stand opposite the pie stall, and I remember being shit scared, the place was packing, and to make things even more frightening, it was my first memory of changing ends, walking behind the loos opposite the main stand, seeing a load of men lined up, pissin against the wall, whilst squeezing past hundreds of opposition fans, christ knows what year that was

I think a League Two or lower-end League One side would suit, if we were to be considering such an arrangement. It'd be better somewhere where he's almost guaranteed starts in games, whereas I'm not sure he'd be in that position at Alloa.

He needs game time no doubt, but the quality of game time is also a factor. Would he be as effective or develop as much in a team who struggle to keep possession or play long balls? A team playing the ball on the deck, building attacks would benefit him greatly and the little I saw of Alloa under Ross, that's what they where doing.

It's a wee while until sign on Tuesday. So I thought folk could recall first game as a sons fan.

My own is easy 4 1 friendly win against my local team Clydebank. Only four seasons ago but had a great time and season ticket bought for this season.

My own one is a cracker, and I doubt if anyone can top it. The league cup semi final tie v Celtic at Hampden in 1970. Celtic had appeared in their second European Cup final, months before. Dumbarton were mid table in the second division. The game was 0-0 AET. The story of the replay has been told many times but briefly it was 2-0 for Celtic very quickly and that was the score at ht. it was 2-2 at ft, 4-2 at first half et and 4-3 at full time AETo

Holmes and Cawley have about 300 appearances for Alloa between them, you can forget any commission! Mitch was a Wasp before he was a Son too. We'll call the rest payback for all the ex Wasps you've had in recent seasons, Ewings, Agnew, Gilhaney, Prunty, Lister, Cawley, Docherty.

Don't think we'd be the right place for McCallum, as a few have already stated. We have Longworth and Spence and two young strikers in Layne and Hynd staking a claim too, with the option of Cawley up top also if required. McCallum better off somewhere where he's likely to play every week.

Edited by Waspie

Monday, 5th April 1999 is the first game I can remember. Dumbarton 6, Cowdenbeath 1 was the final score. Cowdenbeath were rank rotten that day and the Sons fans actually cheered when Cowdenbeath scored!

Did Toby king score a cracker that day?

Holmes and Cawley have about 300 appearances for Alloa between them, you can forget any commission! Mitch was a Wasp before he was a Son too. We'll call the rest payback for all the ex Wasps you've had in recent seasons, Ewings, Agnew, Gilhaney, Prunty, Lister, Cawley, Docherty.

Don't think we'd be the right place for McCallum, as a few have already stated. We have Longworth and Spence and two young strikers in Layne and Hynd staking a claim too, with the option of Cawley up top also if required. McCallum better off somewhere where he's likely to play every week.

Yeah, someone already reckoned that he wouldn't get a game such is the strength of your pool.  Aw the best for next season, if Ross can reproduce the attacking football that we witnessed in his time as assistant here it should be a hell of season for you.

My first game was 12th May 1984. It was the last game of the promotion to the Premier season and we lost 3-0 to Ayr United at Boghead. Tommy Coyle was sent off that day too. I loved the idea is of watching a game in the flesh and been pretty much hooked on it since then.

My first game was 12th May 1984. It was the last game of the promotion to the Premier season and we lost 3-0 to Ayr United at Boghead. Tommy Coyle was sent off that day too. I loved the idea is of watching a game in the flesh and been pretty much hooked on it since then.

Allan McInally scored three that day. Big fight at half time between opposing fans.....Ah those were the days...