Sons' sorrow

Just copied over from the Raith thread...

In case any of you have been following the odds as closely as I have, then there's been some pretty dramatic movements over the last few hours.

Aitken was 1/3 this time yesterday, then out slightly to 1/2 by the evening. He was the same price this morning, but recently went to 4/6 where he is now. Darren Young is drifiting around the 6 and 7/4 mark, but the biggest change has been on Danny Lennon.

He was 8/1 last night. He was 8/1 this morning at about 11. He's now down to 2/1...Somebody must've put some dough on him, or something has happened or been heard. Now he's 11/10...

http://www.mcbookie.com/sports/en/football-specials/manager-specials/coupons/982100/126456098/712930700/0/0/PE/0/0/0/0/0

Does anyone have a picture of our away strip from 1991/2...seem to remember it had red black and gold....was at the away game vs berwick in the LC round 1 at Shielfield...seemed a cracking top what i can remember of it

Does this quote from the article you linked to answer that?

In 1993 the club adopted Diadora as their kit partner but their appears to have been a mix up and for several games the team played in gold and red shirts until the correct ones were delivered.

I've never understood why Renton get all the kudos for being 'world champions' when by the same criteria Dumbarton were world champions in 1883

When the Sons played West Brom in 1988 it was to celebrate the centenary of the match between Renton (the Scottish Cup winners) and West Brom (the FA Cup winners). Renton won the 1888 match and were crowned, not only British Champions but World Champions as well.

So, when Dumbarton beat West Brom 2-1 we retained the trophy and presumably, the title.         

I've never understood why Renton get all the kudos for being 'world champions' when by the same criteria Dumbarton were world champions in 1883

I think it was the pre match billing. Dumbarton (Scottish Cup Winners) beat Blackburn Olympic (FA Cup Winners) 6-1 at Boghead for the 'Championship of Britain'

Renton's victory, also in an unnoficial match, was at a time when Scottish clubs had been banned from competing in the FA cup. It was at a neutral venue, Cathkin Braes (or Hampden as it was called at the time) and was billed as 'Championship of Britain and the World'.

I remember Sons playing WBA in a centenary of Renton's triumph - a pre season friendly. Gordon Mills, by that time 26 and who had been a top junior striker was a trialist for Sons that day. He was about two years younger than me and both he and his older brother Archie were great Sons fans. We didn't sign him. Our loss was Auchinleck Talbot's gain.

Does anyone have a picture of our away strip from 1991/2...seem to remember it had red black and gold....was at the away game vs berwick in the LC round 1 at Shielfield...seemed a cracking top what i can remember of it

I had a dig around in a drawer .................. No gold on this one though.

post-56286-14636759331769_thumb.jpg

post-56286-14636759664494_thumb.jpg

I think it was the pre match billing. Dumbarton (Scottish Cup Winners) beat Blackburn Olympic (FA Cup Winners) 6-1 at Boghead for the 'Championship of Britain'

Renton's victory, also in an unnoficial match, was at a time when Scottish clubs had been banned from competing in the FA cup. It was at a neutral venue, Cathkin Braes (or Hampden as it was called at the time) and was billed as 'Championship of Britain and the World'.

I remember Sons playing WBA in a centenary of Renton's triumph - a pre season friendly. Gordon Mills, by that time 26 and who had been a top junior striker was a trialist for Sons that day. He was about two years younger than me and both he and his older brother Archie were great Sons fans. We didn't sign him. Our loss was Auchinleck Talbot's gain.

I was delighted too see Gordon at last week's Sporting Dinner at the Sons Siro.

Jordan Kirkpatrick ... Thoughts?

There is a player in there and he went through a very good 6 month spell with us a couple of seasons back. Unfortunately he's looked a bit off since then, got a bad injury against Rangers and never really looked the same.

If he gets himself a bit fitter and applies himself he could be a very handy signing. Good luck to him.