Sons' sorrow

From the Alloa Advertiser's Facebook page, would be quite delighted if we could get him and the Thommohawk together upfront. 

Greig Spence Haha would it be ok for a 3rd spell at 23  ? Honestly don't no what I'm doing but looks like I will be staying part time

https://www.facebook.com/alloaadvertiser/?fref=ts

Something I've been thinking about is players signing up whilst the managers position is still in some doubt.

Would we rather we carried on signing players? Even if it means a new manager having to work with players he didn't sign?

Or would we rather any potential new gaffer had a clean slate to work with? Much like Stevie did.

I'm pretty torn on it. Whilst I'm happy to see contracts being signed I'm also thinking any potential new manager would be better off being able to construct their own squad.

Before anyone says 'calm doon' etc I'm simply trying to create some discussion :lol: food for thought and aw that.

Dumbarton fans going into meltdown here over something that happens in football all the time. You guys need to calm down! Even small snippets of what your new strip looks like is being condemned on the evidence of a collar and a label! Stevie Aitken is an in demand manager given his CV. Raith would be daft to not consider him. The radio silence is not unusual either. Football is the only industry in the world where private affairs are expected to be made public. Dumbarton's problem will be if he does not get the Rovers job as he'll be a little bit compromised and time will tell if his heart is in it. Sacked by Christmas is my bet. As you were then, back to meltdown mode.

Dumbarton fans going into meltdown here over something that happens in football all the time. You guys need to calm down! Even small snippets of what your new strip looks like is being condemned on the evidence of a collar and a label! Stevie Aitken is an in demand manager given his CV. Raith would be daft to not consider him. The radio silence is not unusual either. Football is the only industry in the world where private affairs are expected to be made public. Dumbarton's problem will be if he does not get the Rovers job as he'll be a little bit compromised and time will tell if his heart is in it. Sacked by Christmas is my bet. As you were then, back to meltdown mode.

Meltdown is fairly accurate.

Prefer hyperbole tbh

:lol:

Anyone know what Steve Lomas is doing these days?

As part of the St JohnSons partnership, I feel its only right we tell you to go absolutely nowhere near him.

Edited by RandomGuy.

He was interviewed today - or I am assuming that's why he was at a hotel this afternoon.

Maybe he's having a sordid affair with a married woman and we'll see the evidence in tomorrow's Daily Star?

There's nothing wrong with that if we have allowed him to speak.

Absolutely, he's ambitious and has designs on at ft role and why shouldn't he. But we don't know how an ambitious but tainted Stevie will react. Unfortunately we're getting drawn into the merry go round at the moment.

Good to see jezza signed on though, I would imagine that it would as the first choice keeper.

Edited by albundy

How did Gregor Buchanan get on for yous last season?

Is he signed up for next season?

He was, barring a few games, absolutely superb. Looked to really benefit from play alongside Frazer Wright and was (in my opinion) our best defender, certainly towards the end of the season where he put in quite a few Man of the Match performances when Wright was looking shaky. 

He's not signed yet, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if he did, as I'd imagine he'll have a few f/t offers.

Seems as though stevie is just listening to their offer ...doing so raises his stock so to speak....other clubs may come in for him in due course.Moment is not right for him yet.Doubt he will go to Raith right now.

ps If he does go feel free to kick my ribs in and call me a horrible c++t a la wedderburn.