Sons' sorrow

There's one thing to consider.

Gilbert Lawrie was instrumental/decisive in the last four managerial appointments, each of which was inspired. This may be a test of the board's skill in these matters

There's one more thing to consider.

This "story" was apparently in the most putrid tabloid rag ever printed. A paper that couldn't get a story right if it tried.

Yet it's managed to inspire about three pages of fear, debate and well-wishing for our possibly soon-to-be-gone gaffer!!!

Come on folks, please take a deep breath and remember it was the Sun that's broke this story, not the Glasgow Herald or some other more credible paper.

And in other news, Malky McKay and Brendan Rogers were in Glasgow to discuss their managerial options.

Whichever one of them doesn't get the big managerial post at the Rock will have to take the second prize - the Celtic job.

Source. The Daily Star.

This "story" was apparently in the most putrid tabloid rag ever printed. A paper that couldn't get a story right if it tried.

Yet it's managed to inspire about three pages of fear, debate and well-wishing for our possibly soon-to-be-gone gaffer!!!

Come on folks, please take a deep breath and remember it was the Sun that's broke this story, not the Glasgow Herald or some other more credible paper.

The Herald (which I buy) couldn't break wind these days....last week it's reporter Derek Miller still had Stevie Aitken as Stranraer manager in the report of the Play-Off Final 1st leg, whilst on Saturday it had a piece on the return of the TS Queen Mary to the Clyde stating it was built in 1933 in 'The Glasgow Dockyard' (whatever the f*** that was) when every fule know she was vessel 1262 built at Denny's.

Whatever ones opinion of the Sun, their football coverage, particularly that of the lower leagues, knocks the Herald into a cocked hat. The good thing for me is that I get a free look at it before it's sold. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I buy it!

Let Aitken go and spunk the comp money on securing Nade, Iain Russell, Flemming, Buchanan and Ewings. Let S08 manage with a different p&b user as his assistant each game - winner stays on.

I like this idea, my football manager goals galore strikeforce of Martin Grehan and James Keatings would go down well with the P&B masses I reckon.

Anyway, we have another teaser of the kit

Cit4ZgCWEAAhIMA.jpg

What about the manager of QOS who got sacked I think he'd be ok for us made them a top 4 side and had them consistent his name escapes me

It was Jim McIntyre who made us a top 4 side he left to join county in I think the September or October (?) and fowler the rest of the next season carried on his attacking and attractive style of play. We lost a lot of very good players for this level at the end of last season and Fowler didn't do a great job of replacing and then turned into a bit of a shitebag tactically. Will be interesting to see how he does in his next job as the style in play from last season was brutal viewing for the majority.

Stevie says talk of him going to raith is extremely premature, they've had a chat, but he's one of six in the frame

Hmm. That seems like he's covering his back in case he doesn't get it.

I wish he'd decide either way so we can start pre-season with a squad. This waiting about to hear if he's got the job or not isn't helping his current employers one bit.

Stevie says talk of him going to raith is extremely premature, they've had a chat, but he's one of six in the frame

Source?

Also, a chat or a first interview?

Edited by sonsanorak

With the draw for the winner of the new home shirt being made today I'm wondering if we might get to finally see it.

As long as it's white with a gold and black band I'll be happy!

Get out of the 70's our colours are black and gold. The white strips aren't our traditional colours.

Get out of the 70's our colours are black and gold. The white strips aren't our traditional colours.

The white with black and gold band is a million times better than the gold and black. I'd be gutted if we went back to something like that after a few years of absolutely glorious home strips.

I do like the idea of going back to the 70s however. I'd be quite keen to see all the players my Da' rambles on about.