Sons' sorrow

What happened to the Dumbarton team that bitchslapped Airdrie in the playoffs?

They are now miles better than yous.

Airdrie aren't any better than Dumbarton imo they just got a decent start to the season. 

For the record for those more bored than me

St joes 4 ek rr 2 in semi of one of league cups . Final at vol fri 27th.

Goal from former son youth Scott dornan and solid performance at back from Kieran Boyce ex son.

Back to la liga

The mention of Arbroath made me check just where our rivals for promotion four years ago, to the then first division now the Championship, are just now.

post-4768-0-61521700-1463245572_thumb.jp

But for an amazing display from Stephen Grindlay at Gayfield in the play off semi-final, I wonder where we might have been today......

Yes wilf. Always worth bearing in mind where we came from and who our peers are/were.

Worth remembering when we rant about our current performances.

We will at some point return back . When I know not but we should all enjoy our current status while it lasts.

With today's rather sad news about East Stirlingshire, I wonder if younger supporters will know anything of the time they 'amalgamated' with Clydebank?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/east-stirlingshire/who-remembers-es-clydebank-1-2476933

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

With today's rather sad news about East Stirlingshire, I wonder if younger supporters will know anything of the time they 'amalgimated' with Clydebank?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/east-stirlingshire/who-remembers-es-clydebank-1-2476933

It's the end of an era - a first in Scottish football history where a team have been relegated out of the bottom division and with just a few bad seasons we can all be there.

It's the end of an era - a first in Scottish football history where a team have been relegated out of the bottom division and with just a few bad seasons we can all be there.

One bad season does it for League two sides...

I'd like to think it wouldn't happen. Then I remember 96-97-98 :(

Yip that's all it takes. One dictator director to cut right back and there you are. Luckily for us he managed to sell boghead and we had public funding safeguarding our future or God knows where we would be.