Sons' sorrow

I don't see Miller getting another club at this level, but he's still very young.

If it had not been for his actions off the pitch, Lithgow would be playing at at least this level.

Hmm, I'm not sure he would. Look at Declan Gallagher for example, aye he's not a sex pest, but he battered a guy with a baseball bat (allegedly, in case his lawyers see this and I've done something wrong) and he strolled into that Livingston team, and will again once he's out of prison.

If Lithgow was as good as Gallagher he'd still be playing at this level, and clubs like Livingston/QOTS/Morton would turn a blind eye to his past. He wouldn't be flicking between League One dross, changing clubs every summer.

Like you said earlier though 'tis all about opinions. Especially in pre-season where we don't have opposition fans to argue with  ;)

I'm a bit confused

Why does every player we want have to have either previously played with us or Alloa ??

That's an easy one.

It's to do with the Clubs' colours. Both prominently feature black and gold.

Listening to Clyde 1 on way home and a Dumbarton 'fan' comes on about the youth team folding. Also mentioned about us going full time? Surely this wouldn't happen?

Probably some minter of a raging mum or dad.

Mostly likely one who was spouting shite on the Facebook post regarding the youth team folding.

Nothing makes me cringe more than over-protective mums and dads losing their shit and any form of sense when their wean is slightly hard done by. Suck it up.

Gerry mcculloch, I'll feckin over achieving him, disrespectful

I didn't hear it, but was the above comment in relation to our recent successes in the championship?

If so, I wouldn't say it's so much a disrespectful comment, we are a part-time side in a largely full-time division in the second tier in the country. I'd imagine many people, mostly out with the club, would say that we're a club who're overachieving.

Probably some minter of a raging mum or dad.

Mostly likely one who was spouting shite on the Facebook post regarding the youth team folding.

Nothing makes me cringe more than over-protective mums and dads losing their shit and any form of sense when their wean is slightly hard done by. Suck it up.

Some belters on our Facebook page to be fair. They seem to have this idea it costs pennies to run a 20s team. It's over £200 a week for my BC and I'd wager it's a hell of a lot more than that for SPFL U20s.

If it was producing players I'd be more upset, but it isn't, so it's unnecessary. Spend that money on a 15 goal a season striker.

Gerry mcculloch, I'll feckin over achieving him, disrespectful

I've obviously not heard what he said, but we probably are over achieving. If you'd said to me in 2007 that we'd be sat mid-table in the Championship for 5 consecutive years I'd have thought you were on some powerful narcotics. 

Do Clyde do a catch up? I kind of want to get raging listening to it.

I would agree, had we been here only a couple of years, but, we have been here 5 years, that would be an established championship team had we been full-time. I understand his comments, doesn't mean I like them. Surprised they even mentioned us,

I'll be in Florida this time next week. I'll have a word with him... :lol:

I was in Tampa two days last week. Nae sign of him. Must be coming back home, maybe he didn't enjoy the 90 degree heat.

Sure I saw Jimmy Bullard in Univrsal Studios in Orlando, though.........needs a guid haircut.

I would agree, had we been here only a couple of years, but, we have been here 5 years, that would be an established championship team had we been full-time. I understand his comments, doesn't mean I like them. Surprised they even mentioned us,

I agree it is a bit petty and unnecessary, but from an outsider with (I'd guess) limited knowledge of Championship football I can see why he's said it.

Anyway Bryan Prunty left Airdrie tonight. We could sign Finnie, Aggy, Prunty and Kevin Nicoll and recreate the memories from 2011/12  :wub:

I'm joking of course. Only the N word would stroll into this team, the Josh Falkingham he keeps in his pocket could be handy too

BBC Football gave us a decent mention recently, highlighting our good run in the Championship and reminding the public that we are doing well despite being p/t. Short, but decent article..

Anyway Bryan Prunty left Airdrie tonight. We could sign Finnie, Aggy, Prunty and Kevin Nicoll and recreate the memories from 2011/12 :wub:

I'm joking of course. Only the N word would stroll into this team, the Josh Falkingham he keeps in his pocket could be handy too

Jim Lister has left as well, what a player he was in his time with us.