Sons' sorrow

I don't think fans are being unrealistic about our away record. We haven't scored an away goal since before Christmas!

Aye I'd agree with that. We've proven at home that we can be a very effective team, and that's how we should play on the road. It's infuriating to see us playing - and failing - to get a 0-0.

I think most Sons fans would prefer to see us give it a right good go and lose 5-2 than surrender miserably and lose 2-0 as has far too often been the case.

No club has a natural position. I genuinely believe that. 

We played with a freedom under Murray, alot of cracking football with a we'll score more than you attitude, there's a fear factor this year, players are playing within themselves, too many defensive players from day one I think, too many samesy players across the back, and the middle, lacking a creative midfielder, (aggy), losing a player of his ability must be worth 10-20 goals, and I mean, goals, assists, penalties, he, or a player almost identical has to be a must for next season. Who says we have to accept the threat of relegation every year?, again, under Murray, we rarely did, on paper, we have a premiership team, mostly, we need to be more positive, even if it doesn't work, next season, we'll have nothing to prove against a very strong league.

Also worth mentioning that Aitken/Faz are still learning. This is their first season at this level and as long as they have learned from this season then we should be able to push on a bit next year.

Yes, tactics have been awful at times.

Yes, we signed far too many duds.

Yes, we have struggled all over the park for any kind of form.

Yes, the squad is rediculously imbalanced.

But as long as the Stevies' have noticed this then we can kick on and improve.

Before anyone mentions that Murray didn't require the same bedding in time, you just have to look at what has happened to him since he left us...

Edited by squeezeboxson

Aitken can be very cautious at times. Not quite as negative as Murray but not far off. It doesn't help that we only got a proper target man at Christmas. We're still short in front of goal, as we're worried about finding out with Nade injured. We're also short on creativity.

Staying up is a great achievement. Its Aitkens first season managing at this level so there would be a degree of cautiousness anyway. Doesn't mean that he hasn't made mistakes, but hopefully he'll learn from them.

Also worth mentioning that Aitken/Faz are still learning. This is their first season at this level and as long as they have learned from this season then we should be able to push on a bit next year.

Yes, tactics have been awful at times.

Yes, we signed far too many duds.

Yes, we have struggled all over the park for any kind of form.

Yes, the squad is rediculously imbalanced.

But as long as the Stevies' have noticed this then we can kick on and improve.

Before anyone mentions that Murray didn't require the same bedding in time, you just have to look at what has happened to him since he left us...

I agree with everything said but stevie did one good piece of business in January that has help a a lot nade

Well done to the Sons on securing another season of second tier football, a terrific achievement. I also didn't like the idea of potentially helping Livi by beating you next week. We can now aim to get another win safe in the knowledge that our part-time brothers won't suffer.

Just came in here to say

YAAAASSSSS 

Loved that today, fist pumps all over the shop at full-time. It's not been pretty at times, but it's still an absolutely brilliant feeling. Can't wait for Easter Road on Tuesday and a party at Alloa on Sunday.

Absolute liquid yassery to quote myself from earlier in the season.