Gary Hooper in Turin

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8341516/Italian-giants-Juventus-have-joined-the-clubs-looking-at-Celtic-s-Gary-Hooper

not sure about the accuracy of this report - all the hallmarks of a Hugh Keevins exclusive.

anyway, should Hooper have the choice of EPL / Serie A or staying at Celtic which should he pick?

Personally i think he's under rated by most non-Celtic fans but over rated by many Celtic fans.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A natural goalscorer. But don't think He is international class. He does have an excellent touch, and has improved as a footballer since He arrived at Celtic. Would do well in a mid table EPL team. Not sure about a team/club of juventus status.

Just think its start of silly season though

It'd be a poor signing by Juventus if they did go for him, but fantastic for Hooper. He should grab the chance with both hands if it comes, which it almost certainly won't because this sounds far-fetched. Especially as a considerably more respected Italian football writer on Twitter just brought up talk of Villa to Juve on loan.

The step up to a bigger club like Wigan or Southampton is the only one that Hooper could logically make.

To even suggest that Hooper could sign for Juventus is laughable at the extreme. Juventus, like all clubs of their size, will have hundreds of scouts all over the world all creating dossiers on thousands of players. The same way that Man U may have one on Wanyama, or Liverpool on Hooper. Does it mean that they are likely to make a concrete bid? No.

Hes basically Scott McDonald with an incredible burst of pace. He also has inherited skippys lazy attitude (unless its against rivals or European opposition) along with rather average build up play.

I'm not surprised however European clubs are having a look at him though as in the champions league he has impressed and hes already shown he can score in the championship no bother, so EPL or Europe would logically be the next stop.

I Wouldn't be that bothered about seeing him go as he clearly cant be bothered anymore against most Scottish teams, he doesnt seem to charge down loose balls as much and takes a few minutes to get back onside from runs these days.

He already scored barrel loads in the championship.

I don't think he would, he's got the knack of being in the right place at the right time and has scored many goals on the big occasion.

He has scored 19 goals in the Championship, hardly barrel loads.

Archived