Pulse 98.4FM Junior Radio Show Nugent4nil

Nugent4nil

Me managing to remember and play the news last night for the first time in six months shows where I am tech wise.

OH need a guest for next week, well the next three. Managers, players, committee past and present, supporters, anyone is more than welcome to come along.

Facebook live is pretty straight forward.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thursday is now sorted, THIS THURSDAY not next etc... Please come along and be part of this, I have a guest, a woooooshh, type guest lined up for the 16th but im missing the 9th and beyond the already mentioned date.

I'm trying, very... yes my patter is pish, but what other platform do we as junior supporters have to promote our grade, our team, our sponsors? With Mr D podcasting the show its an absolute gift horse to give a shout out to anyone that's stuck a few quid into your club.

Come along please and I swear that when I go for a wander and say that was quick you will have not thought you'd been there for an hour.

Tonight's Nugent4nil on Pulse 98.4fm live from 7pm with Whitletts Victoria chairman John Dalton and manager Neil Duffy talking junior football and probably lots about the west region reconstruction proposals, tune, txt in, have your say. Txt number is 07538984984 please don't txt till 7pm.

39 minutes ago, mysteryjunior said:

Thank you for having me on the show. Great cuppa as well !!!

No thank you for coming so far Gareth, the pleasure was mine.

On that subject who is up next? Looking for guests for next Thursday and beyond.

With reorganization of the West region on the horizon, talk of too many cups, too many games but want for a bigger league to guarantee clubs more home games... how about we scrap one of the cups?

Let’s look at some facts......

With the Ayrshire and Central league’s merging a few years back that trip into the unknown isn’t that likely now as most of the main clubs play each other over the course of a season so gone are the days say Auchinleck and Pollok being paired and excitement building as they haven’t played each other in a few years and it caused excitement with the sales of replica Talbot tops rising from 70 to 85% of the local population while shelves in the shops around Pollokshaws were quickly emptied of Worthy’s Originals, sadly those days are sadly long gone.

Next up it’s the travelling involved, imagine Dunipace being drawn to Craigmark Burtonians, a 130 mile round trip and a possible replay for a diddy cup? With finances being an issue isn’t that like putting a gun to your head? Absolute madness!

Trialists? Yep the early rounds of the cup mean absolutely nothing, its like a training game with teams only taking things seriously when the reach the quarter finals then it becomes something worth winning, check their earlier posts when they didn’t care.

Its NOT all about winning! Why should the same teams win things every year? Isn’t it about enjoying the spectacle, being part of it, playing for the love of the game? I think the cup should be passed around each club in turn and every player given a medal, it stops exclusion and makes everyone feel more part of the event.

The powers that be don’t event take the competition seriously, for god sake they are using the same cup they have done since 1886 FFS! Don’t you think that if the event meant anything to them they would have bought a new one by now?

Let’s promote the draw by filming it from a submarine in the first of Clyde that lost its signal because the tide was going out and they lost focus.

Yes for me the way forward is to scrap the out dated Scottish Junior Cup…….

I need a guest for tomorrow night’s show, if nobody comes along you’ll hear me spout more sh*te along these lines….

Archived