January Transfers

Obviously I wouldn't expect too much movement from many teams in Scotland bar the odd loan deal from down South perhaps. Has anyone been linked with anyone yet? Do people expect much if anything from their sides this coming transfer window?

We've been linked with Chris Erskine, Joe Cardle and Kenny Miller whilst trying to renegotiate deals till the end of the season for Claros, McGivern and Griffiths.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll probably be losing Pawlett, while Beattie, Moon and Adams will likely be let go. We should be linked with Daley from Preston as he's seemingly available on a free and we almost signed him the Summer, while we'll probably get some youngster on loan again

This is all from a mate who has been a reliable source in the past as I posted in the Hibs v Inverness thread. It appears going by reports today that the bit about Erskine is correct

McGivern and Claros' loans will probably be extended.

Nothing concrete about Griffiths yet, but Hibs are his preferred choice.

Chris Erskine and Nicky Clark are likely to be Hibs players by the summer if not before

Kenny Miller will sign on loan in January

Do any SPL sides need a keeper? I think he might be looking at England if anywhere.

Was just wondering that. From my own ideas I'd think maybe only Dundee and Dundee United would possibly be looking for a new keeper, and would they really be spending any money doing it? Unless somebody sells a keeper like Kilmarnock or Motherwell?

We will not sign anyone, unless we sign someone else on. Only free-transfers at best, but Erskine is outta contract at the end no?

I hope that Kujabi,Kuqi and Danny Galbraith will be away. Sadly though it means yet more pay offs which is a worrying trend. Hopefully this comes to an end soon as by the sounds we look to be placing a great emphasis on scouting. Fenlon's brought in 1 scout so far with another 2 potentially on the cards.

Was just wondering that. From my own ideas I'd think maybe only Dundee and Dundee United would possibly be looking for a new keeper, and would they really be spending any money doing it? Unless somebody sells a keeper like Kilmarnock or Motherwell?

I reckon even if we sold Bell in January - which is a possibility - we'd probably just stick with Letheren and Jaakkola until the end of the season.

Reynold being offered a permanent deal if something can be worked out with Sheffield Wednesday.

Jason Brown should be leaving, a couple of names have been mentioned for his replacement including Tomas Cerny at a fans meeting (not sure how that would work).

We just got a new keeperin the summer so it's unlikely that'd we'd be buying a keeper off anyone. Dundee have still got Douglas so they'd probably be looking to use any spare funds to strengthen in other areas of the team.

I reckon even if we sold Bell in January - which is a possibility - we'd probably just stick with Letheren and Jaakkola until the end of the season.

Exactly. Bell was out fr a large spell at the start of the season was he not? And you lot coped so not sure you'd spend any money

We just got a new keeperin the summer so it's unlikely that'd we'd be buying a keeper off anyone. Dundee have still got Douglas so they'd probably be looking to use any spare funds to strengthen in other areas of the team.

Aye exactly. There's no SPL teams interested unless you scrape the barrel of your mind

We're lining up midfielder Connor Newton on loan from Newcastle and trying to extend Paul Dummett's loan deal from the same club.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/ReservePlayerProfile/0,,10278~2117103,00.html

We've also got a forward,Dom Dwyer from Sporting Kansas City on trial.Released by Norwich City and played about 2 games for SKC.

Be still my beating heart!

I'd imagine we'll bring in an experienced cetre half since both of ours are shite and probably going to be taking turns getting suspended next year.

Possibly see McLean leaving for lots of money.

Think we might only see some signings in if we cant get the three loan players signed up for longer.Definitely need some cover at the back as recent weeks have shown. Galbraith and Kujabi will definitely be away IMO.

Archived