January Transfers

Apparently St. Johnstone will be getting another player on loan from Newcastle, a winger/striker called Marcus Maddison.

This is braw - I love a football manager-esque transfer deadline day!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two loan signings are now confirmed and Kevin Moon has been released.

Good day all round IMO.

I wouldn't include releasing Mooner as part of a good day myself. Yet another youth player fails to make it with us as we fill our team with EPL youngsters. Hope he can get himself fixed up , get a decent run and overcome his injury issues.

Apparently St. Johnstone will be getting another player on loan from Newcastle, a winger/striker called Marcus Maddison.

Left mid/winger. Wonder why we've gone back to Newcastle late in the day to get a player that covers where Craig's currently playing...

According to a Swiss Twitter Sports page we've signed 6ft 3 Swiss striker Orhan Mustafi on loan from Grasshoppers.

Last minute job perhaps. We missed out on a striker this morning due to international clearance. Expecting him to sign in the summer though.

I can't see anyone in or out for Celtic. They've talked a lot about Hooper but it seems to me that Norwich are trying to do their business on the cheap and we just don't need to sell unless we get a cracking offer. If he does go I'd rather we just didn't sign anyone rather than sign someone like Doyle or a similar Premiership sub on loan. There is no point. Players of that quality wouldn't swing the Juve tie for us and we don't need them to win the SPL or the Scottish Cup.

Russell would be a good signing imo - the guy has real quality. That said, would he get a game? I'm not convinced that he'd be ready to start over Watt, Lassad, Samaras or even the much maligned Mixu.

According to a Swiss Twitter Sports page we've signed 6ft 3 Swiss striker Orhan Mustafi on loan from Grasshoppers.

Last minute job perhaps. We missed out on a striker this morning due to international clearance. Expecting him to sign in the summer though.

Tell you what, this is more exciting than the "Andy Barrowman Deadline Day Deal of '10".

I wouldn't include releasing Mooner as part of a good day myself. Yet another youth player fails to make it with us as we fill our team with EPL youngsters. Hope he can get himself fixed up , get a decent run and overcome his injury issues.

He's barely played in the last 18 months. It's a shame he hasn't made it, but he's been a drain on wages and it's meant we've been able to bring in other players who will hopefully at least challenge the first team. It's a good move for everyone concerned.

I'm sad to see Kevin Moon leave Saints as I think he's a really decent player but he needs to be fully fit and match sharp to show his best form and we've struggled to get him in that condition for a fair while now. If he can get a run of games with a club, he'll do well for them I'm sure.

As said earlier, Reynolds a great signing for Dons and on that long a deal is even better for them.

Apparently from the twitter world, The bid was from Ipswich Town and was swiftly rejected.

According to Brian Caldwell there was no bid. From the BBC: "We have not had a written or verbal offer for the player. In fact, we have not taken a single call about his availability."

Phone off please Mr Caldwell :)

Archived