January Transfers

What the fuck was Pardew up to? Good that Dummett is back but he's played one game, and not even featured in the subs list for any of the others, and Newcastle have had cover signed up for the last week.

I wonder about Dummetts contract. I think this is his last 6 months at Newcastle so it'll be interesting to see if we can pick him up on a PCA. Compensation would be needed of course.

Anyone know how long Newton's contract is for? And have Newcastle put in a bid for McLean? ;)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say, all in all, that's been a pretty decent transfer window for us. We've added Goncalves and Newton, extended the loan of Dummett, and kept hold of McGowan and McLean (as of now, there's obviously another 12 hours to go in the window).

Good to see Dummett back, I'd keep Carey in there until his form drops, though.

Probably - depends on fitness for Saturday though. Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few changes as our players looked gone last night in the second half.

While hanging around to speak to do the post match interview with Danny last night I saw Brian Caldwell and Tommy Craig go into Caldwell's office with Dummett and a few other folk. Seemed a bit odd for all them to go in for a farewell chat which is why I had a pretty good feeling Dummett would be coming back.

Good to see Dummett back, I'd keep Carey in there until his form drops, though.

Dummett coming back gives us the Carey option further forward, wide left. Possibility of Imrie being shipped out ?

Dummett coming back gives us the Carey option further forward, wide left. Possibility of Imrie being shipped out ?

Wouldn't be surprised if that happened. He is right down the pecking order just now and we have strengthened the squad this window in some of the areas he was likely to play in.

Probably - depends on fitness for Saturday though. Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few changes as our players looked gone last night in the second half.

While hanging around to speak to do the post match interview with Danny last night I saw Brian Caldwell and Tommy Craig go into Caldwell's office with Dummett and a few other folk. Seemed a bit odd for all them to go in for a farewell chat which is why I had a pretty good feeling Dummett would be coming back.

Pfft... you're not much of journo, Stu. Imagine holding onto that exclusive.. ;)

If McLean and/or McGowan left before the window shuts, it would be daft for Imrie to go, so in many ways he's a victim of others uncertainty. I don't know if he is signed up fro next season, but if not that I'm guessing he'll be away of his own volition. If he is signed up then you'd have to say he'll have a chance of fighting his way into the team with McGowan, McLean, Newton and Goncalves (and possibly Teale) not in the running.

To be fair...he had just scored against Caley thistle, played well and then been dropped for that match. On the flip side it could be just that the guy cares...and when he is called upon he will have a point to prove. County game aside...the guy has made an impact when he has played. Scored a couple of goals, and won penalties etc. He is a useful player to have in the squad.

He scored against ICT but done very little after his goal. IIRC he gave away the ball countless times and didn't track back enough. He is a good player on his day but we haven't seen it enough. We gave him the benefit of the doubt when he arrived and gave him till the end of season to break in. This season he hasn't really kicked on and whats making it worse he is clearly unhappy. He needs to be the big fish in the small pond like he was at Accies. Decent squad player but he wants to play every week.

Pretty much this. although a bit harsh on the not trusting bit. I think he could be a useful player for us if he got a run in the team, I'm just not sure where though and you wouldn't drop others to put him in. It's a shame as he just hasn't forced his way into the team. Why that is you'd need to speak to Lennon. Either he doesn't fancy him or that he's just on a downer at moving further and further away from a starting position I don't know. The emergence of McGinn hasn't helped his case either.

He makes a pretty decent sub to have on the bench but I can't imagine he'd be happy with that. Surprised he's not moved on with Goncalves and Newton coming in. I'm guessing Lennon wants to keep hold of him in case McGowan and/or McLean leave before the window shuts.

Funny to think he is one of the most expensive players we've bought in the last few seasons.. :lol:

Was a bit harsh not trusting him but he has previous for spitting the dummy. Will need to ask ICT fans but i'm pretty sure his time ended with them in pretty much the same circumstances.

Oh and welcome back Paul Dummett. Pardew is a tosser but he's within his rights to have a look at his own player. We all knew Dummett wouldn't get a game in the Premiership but who cares he is back now.

Pretty good window for us and to be honest if a team offered 800k for McLean just now i wouldn't be as gutted if we took it .

Pfft... you're not much of journo, Stu. Imagine holding onto that exclusive.. ;)

Thought I better keep it to myself incase it fell through and I got the blame :lol:

Also, two minutes later I asked Lennon if there was anything in the works and was told no!

EDIT: McLean staying put going by Vanzy's Twitter: https://twitter.com/VanzyD/status/296950522622140417/photo/1

I hope Deegan stays! Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I didn't think you could be any more of a c**t, but this confirms it. Well done.

Aye well played. I've heard that Deegan was a possibility to be on his way out of Hibs!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Can't see Rangers signing anyone if I'm honest...

In many ways, going for players who were in the top division, like Kyle, Sandaza, Shiels and Black it's backfired on you as these are just not players who will grind out victories in sodden muddy fields in the lower leagues.

It pains me to say this but are Sevco not 20 points clear?

Will need to ask ICT fans but i'm pretty sure his time ended with them in pretty much the same circumstances.

It isn't a surprise that when Imrie left they managed to go on an unbeaten and clinch the league championship!

Tokely released from Ross County. Imagine he'll be going to Brora Rangers.

That's interesting. Not a huge disappointment though, Kovacevic is clearly a much better full back, & the combo of Boyd, Hinault & Munro mean he's unlikely to get a look-in in the middle either. Best to get him off the wage bill.

Archived