January Transfers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone post the gif of the Iraqi army chief with American tanks rolling in behind him except replace his face with Shiels' and Harkins behind him holding up a Dundee strip. Then replace the words 'the Americans are not here' with 'Harkins is going nowhere'.

And hurry up about it, it'll be well funny.

@ScottBurns75: #Hearts plan to release Danny Grainger at the end of the season. Can't believe he aint gettn a new contract #hmfc #topperformer

I wonder if he'll be down shouting the odds about heading to Carlisle this time around rolleyes.gif

25k is what I heard.

That's a bit more realistic!

It's still a bit more than anything they need to be paying. Frankly, if they've paid that much from six months of Gary Harkins, as a Dundee fan I'd be concerned. If it's a longer deal... well, enjoy paying SPL wages in the First division, if only for a year.

@ScottBurns75: #Hearts plan to release Danny Grainger at the end of the season. Can't believe he aint gettn a new contract #hmfc #topperformer

Grainger is a player I've always liked ever since he was at Gretna. I'd love St. Mirren to take a punt on him, especially as it's a problem position for us.

Also, I see Dindeleux saying he's worrying about next season. It seems Killie are looking to cut back massively. It's a bit of a cliché now on P&B to tip Killie to be down there every year, but I reckon they could struggle next season if this batch of promising youngsters they have coming through either can't cut it, or aren't ready for top flight football. Killie have weakened the most of any SPL side in this window, they have lost a lot of squad depth already and with nearly another week of the window, there could yet be more to go if Shiels' comments are anything to go by.

Grainger is a player I've always liked ever since he was at Gretna. I'd love St. Mirren to take a punt on him, especially as it's a problem position for us.

Totally agree, would really like to see him at Saints but I wonder if his wage demands would be a bit out of the club's reach. It would be great to have a left back on a permanent two or three year deal for a change.

The harkins signing is a good move by the board right before a home fixture. Like myself I'm sure there will be a few hundred more fans with the feel good factor now who will decide to go along to see the Glorious one strut his stuff in the Dark Blue once again. If we're speculating about money Dundee do or don't have then let's speculate that this could see an extra few £k through the gates on Sunday.

Also, I see Dindeleux saying he's worrying about next season. It seems Killie are looking to cut back massively. It's a bit of a cliché now on P&B to tip Killie to be down there every year, but I reckon they could struggle next season if this batch of promising youngsters they have coming through either can't cut it, or aren't ready for top flight football. Killie have weakened the most of any SPL side in this window, they have lost a lot of squad depth already and with nearly another week of the window, there could yet be more to go if Shiels' comments are anything to go by.

i think it'll depend on whether anyone else goes, we're actually still stronger than we were at the end of the summer window as sheridan, sissoko and ibrahim have all came in. sissoko replaces nelson, ibrahim replaces harkins, so we really only need to find someone to replace kelly at the moment

i think it'll depend on whether anyone else goes, we're actually still stronger than we were at the end of the summer window as sheridan, sissoko and ibrahim have all came in. sissoko replaces nelson, ibrahim replaces harkins, so we really only need to find someone to replace kelly at the moment

I thought Ibrahim was a winger.

I can't claim to be any more worried about next season than I was at the start of January tbh. Kelly was always going to be leaving either this month or in the summer, and Harkins and Nelson were good players but hardly key members of the squad. Almost every SPL club has a turnover of players like that now, and usually players over 25 like Harkins and Nelson leave for free, so to get £50k for Nelson and probably something similar for Harkins is an extra wee bonus.

Have Dundee actually "bought" Harkins? Not learning from past lessons. Sweepstake on the Dees next administration?

Edit: Good bit of business if they got him for nothing though. But doesn't appear to be the case.

From what I have been hearing, Kilmarnock were still due Dundee 25k the time they signed Harkins in the first place and now that has been wiped out. So Dundee get Harkins and Kilmarnock don't owe Dundee any money now :) .

Just what I have been hearing so not sure if true but it does sound about right

That sounds like the biggest pile of bollocks ever, tbh. Do you genuinely think Dundee would have just sat and twiddled their thumbs for 18 months while they were owed money?

I was under the impression we didn't have to pay for Harkins anyway - or at least that what money we did pay went directly to him in lieu of his unpaid wages from your admin.

Archived