January Transfers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how badly Lomas is regarded. He's not doing a particularly bad job of it on the pitch but the fans clearly haven't taken to him. He has failed in selling himself to the punters and it will burn him if we go on a really bad run.

Supposedly we're looking to get Forsyth back in on loan aswel. Great signing if it goes through.

Why do we always try to bring back ex-players? It would be nice if we signed a foreign guy who scored 600 goals in a Bratislava junior league and is also a Shepard. Got to be better than shite like graham bayne. It's actually amazing how bad our strikers have been recently. The games to goals ratio must be cringeworthy!

It's amazing how badly Lomas is regarded. He's not doing a particularly bad job of it on the pitch but the fans clearly haven't taken to him. He has failed in selling himself to the punters and it will burn him if we go on a really bad run.

I think the saints fans have overly high expectations for managers considering our last couple. However lomas is an above average spl manager who deserves more credit for building a strong mid table team on such a small budget.

According to TJE on twitter, we have signed left back Hans Aage Yndestad and German Freiburg Branislav, the latter I cant find any information about :unsure:

Yndestad is retired (apparently) and Branislav is a first-name not a surname. I've also never heard of anyone with the first name Freiburg. There are a number of Slovakian players at SC Freiburg, but none called Branislav.

Yndestad is retired (apparently) and Branislav is a first-name not a surname. I've also never heard of anyone with the first name Freiburg. There are a number of Slovakian players at SC Freiburg, but none called Branislav.

Yndestad isn't retired, just hasn't been offered a new contract after 11 years service. He is getting a medical today, and will sign tonight/tomorrow if he passes.

The name of the German is wrong, haven't found out the real name.

We are also very close to signing Andre Hainault from the MLS. He has played in the MLS final in 2011 and on the bench in 2012. He is a Centre Back, and looks like Boydy too!!

We are also very close to signing Andre Hainault from the MLS. He has played in the MLS final in 2011 and on the bench in 2012. He is a Centre Back, and looks like Boydy too!!

Have you heard this too or did you see my post on OTB? Seems to be a good signing. Plays all the time for Canada too for what it's worth. Initially was told it would be a loan signing from Houston Dynamo but he's out of contract.

Newcastle left-back Paul Dummett admits he is keen to return for a second loan spell at St Mirren.

The 21-year-old spent the first half of the campaign on loan with the Buddies but returned to his parent club last week.

Boss Alan Pardew gave him a debut from the bench in the FA Cup defeat to Brighton but the young defender believes he will improve further with more first-team football in Paisley.

Dummett said: "I loved my time at St Mirren.spacer.gif For a Newcastlespacer.giflad playing for the club, it's not easy moving away but St Mirren was the right choice.

"I played 19 games and picked up some really good experience of playing at a competitive level. I played in front of some big crowds like 40,000 at Celticspacer.gif Park. There's no doubt that has helped my development as a player.

"Danny Lennon is a really good manager and I can't fault a single thing about the club. It was his help that allowed me to make my debut for Newcastle. That was a dream come true.

"But I'm hopeful that I will come back to Saints for another six months. I've improved so much with them this season and I want to continue that development before going back to Newcastle a much better player in the summer.

"It's not in my hands but, if both sides can make it work, returning before the League Cup semi-final with Celtic (on 27 January) is the plan."

Pleasing.

Ahem...

wink.gif

Well played, you've got the 'journalists' that write for DC Thomsons believing your pish now.

I think the saints fans have overly high expectations for managers considering our last couple. However lomas is an above average spl manager who deserves more credit for building a strong mid table team on such a small budget.

:lol:

Archived