Depression

Yes, the general nonsense part of a football forum is definitely the best place for people with issues to get advice. Wisbits "all women are evil c***s" has helped a lot of people on here.

Just because it's a football forum doesn't mean that the users don't have suitable advice for those with depression, as one of the main demographics who follow football are also affected severely by depression in this country. It makes sense that this site has a place where people can discuss these sort of problems.

It's not really a place for arguments or mud slinging, it's a place where those struggling with issues can have an outlet and get some friendly support.

Yeah it's proper group therapy in here.

If you are a bit mental then maybe seeking advice of professionals instead of a bunch of fucking stookie heids off a football forum would be a better direction of travel?

Daughter is ok, just a bit sore. Just going to be carless for a while. I'll probably drive her about as needed.

My brother has an ex and a son (who's 17) that he sees regularly and they keep me updated

Good to hear that you're daughter is alright. And at least you will be able to get updates on your brother and there will be people seeing him.

If you are a bit mental then maybe seeking advice of professionals instead of a bunch of fucking stookie heids off a football forum would be a better direction of travel?

Sometimes the advice of professionals is not enough. People need an emotional outlet and for males it's usually difficult to open up to anyone, and in a place where they are comfortable (a place where they can talk about football) and have a degree of anonymity they may find it easier to talk about things.

It's telling that women are more commonly diagnosed with mental health issues compared to men but it is men who commit suicide more. Men find it difficult to talk about their problems due to a sort of social stigma about it all; any sort of discussion about personal problems is a good thing, it provides a relief.

Why not? I (loosely) know someone who sadly ended their life recently, leaving a wife and two children under 16 behind. His reasons will remain a mystery, but who knows what could have happened if he had somewhere like this thread to turn to?

Many people suffer silently from depression due to the stigma attached, therefore they are reluctant to seek professional help. If they're nervous about taking the first step to getting better, I see no better place than this thread for help and advice.

Yes, first and foremost this is a football forum, yet I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say that just reading this thread has helped me.

If you want to throw insults about, why not take it to one of the many threads running elsewhere on Gen Nonsense?

Sometimes the advice of professionals is not enough. People need an emotional outlet and for males it's usually difficult to open up to anyone, and in a place where they are comfortable (a place where they can talk about football) and have a degree of anonymity they may find it easier to talk about things.

It's telling that women are more commonly diagnosed with mental health issues compared to men but it is men who commit suicide more. Men find it difficult to talk about their problems due to a sort of social stigma about it all; any sort of discussion about personal problems is a good thing, it provides a relief.

Spot on. Part of the reason that the lads on here who have taken the step in getting help are rightly praised.

Otherwise, a place to vent (even if it's a football forum) is better than none.

Yeah, you're quite a naive person but keep wishing away.

Nothing wrong with having a dream.

Anyway, as previously stated by members of this forum; it has helped them feel better, and that's the objective of this thread I feel. It's not for insults, so take them to another part of the GN forum.

Why not? I (loosely) know someone who sadly ended their life recently, leaving a wife and two children under 16 behind. His reasons will remain a mystery, but who knows what could have happened if he had somewhere like this thread to turn to?

Many people suffer silently from depression due to the stigma attached, therefore they are reluctant to seek professional help. If they're nervous about taking the first step to getting better, I see no better place than this thread for help and advice.

Yes, first and foremost this is a football forum, yet I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say that just reading this thread has helped me.

If you want to throw insults about, why not take it to one of the many threads running elsewhere on Gen Nonsense?

Ive chosen not to.

I hate how little support my husband gets. Ok we have the nursery for mon-fri 9-5 but for weeks and weeks I spent a lot of time in my room as couldn't cope. This meant he was working, cooking, cleaning and caring for kids and me. His parents are utterly useless and mine too far away to just pop over and Hoover and do a load of washing.

Is that down to not putting any effort in or not knowing how to help?