Depression

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Got some grim news this morning.

A relative of mine had a bad stroke back in January. For the first few days she was paralysed and couldn't talk. Things started to improve, she got some movement back and could say a few words. Unfortunately the recovery plateaued after a few months and she slipped into a depression. Last week she took an overdose and was put on life support in Edinburgh. With no recovery likely they were advised to end things, unfortunately the biological father (with whom she has had no contact for years) decided to challenge this in court. She died yesterday.

She was 24 years old, recently graduated with a first in law from Edinburgh University and was engaged to be married. Tragic.

I am very sorry to read that. That's very sad.

Hope you and your family are okay mate.

Is it ok please if I join this thread?

Ill be honest and say I didnt even knew this thread existed and Im sorry if the thread on me drew away the attention of posters that are in similar or worse situatons.  But would like to be part of this please?

On 08/08/2022 at 14:49, DiegoDiego said:

Got some grim news this morning.

A relative of mine had a bad stroke back in January. For the first few days she was paralysed and couldn't talk. Things started to improve, she got some movement back and could say a few words. Unfortunately the recovery plateaued after a few months and she slipped into a depression. Last week she took an overdose and was put on life support in Edinburgh. With no recovery likely they were advised to end things, unfortunately the biological father (with whom she has had no contact for years) decided to challenge this in court. She died yesterday.

She was 24 years old, recently graduated with a first in law from Edinburgh University and was engaged to be married. Tragic.

Sent you a pm DD. 

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ill be honest and say I didnt even knew this thread existed and Im sorry if the thread on me drew away the attention of posters that are in similar or worse situatons.  But would like to be part of this please?

No permission required mate, post whenever you feel you need to. Hope you're doing okay.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No permission required mate, post whenever you feel you need to. Hope you're doing okay.

Thanks.  Having a particularly bad week it being last week of the kids holidays and have missed it all.

Arranged to see them last week take them for something to eat and the park, mum to be there etc getting on a bit better.  Turns out as soon as maintanance was sent plus an extra £150 for School uniforms I got blanked and not even as much as a face time.  One day ill learn.  Miss them so much man and trying to blank it didnt work anymore. :(  Dealing with urges better though.  Went to my mums instead of hitting vodka lol. 

13 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thanks.  Having a particularly bad week it being last week of the kids holidays and have missed it all.

Arranged to see them last week take them for something to eat and the park, mum to be there etc getting on a bit better.  Turns out as soon as maintanance was sent plus an extra £150 for School uniforms I got blanked and not even as much as a face time.  One day ill learn.  Miss them so much man and trying to blank it didnt work anymore. :(  Dealing with urges better though.  Went to my mums instead of hitting vodka lol. 

A horrible situation but you're doing all the right things. It'll be a long road but your kids will eventually see things for what they are and I'm sure it'll work out for you if you keep doing the right things. Wish ye all the best man, as a new dad myself I can't imagine dealing without seeing my kid.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A horrible situation but you're doing all the right things. It'll be a long road but your kids will eventually see things for what they are and I'm sure it'll work out for you if you keep doing the right things. Wish ye all the best man, as a new dad myself I can't imagine dealing without seeing my kid.

Congratulations.  Trust me every moment is precious.

Yeah, not the best when also im pretty much house bound still and took a lot to build up the bravery to suggest the park/restaurant for it to be just a game to get cash.  I would send it anyway without her pish regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Congratulations.  Trust me every moment is precious.

Yeah, not the best when also im pretty much house bound still and took a lot to build up the bravery to suggest the park/restaurant for it to be just a game to get cash.  I would send it anyway without her pish regardless. 

You sound a good guy mate, keep being you and all will turn out well. 

4 years today since my old man died bringing back a ton of horrible memories from that time.

Today I have a parcel(wife's birthday cake, not cheap) thats apparently signed by a neighbour who doesn't speak English or German and says he hasn't got it. He's either a lying f**k or DHL have lost it. I can't get through to either DHL or the service provider and I'm now shouting the walls down cursing my dad for it. 

On top of that, idiots at work have put me under pressure to deliver something today which is constantly relying on others signing off. 

I need to go to the shops to stock up for the cats before our holiday next week also as I have no time except today.

All in all, not the biggest problems but I'm seriously close to drowning myself in a bottle with it all. 

On 12/08/2022 at 11:53, Stellaboz said:

4 years today since my old man died bringing back a ton of horrible memories from that time.

Today I have a parcel(wife's birthday cake, not cheap) thats apparently signed by a neighbour who doesn't speak English or German and says he hasn't got it. He's either a lying f**k or DHL have lost it. I can't get through to either DHL or the service provider and I'm now shouting the walls down cursing my dad for it. 

On top of that, idiots at work have put me under pressure to deliver something today which is constantly relying on others signing off. 

I need to go to the shops to stock up for the cats before our holiday next week also as I have no time except today.

All in all, not the biggest problems but I'm seriously close to drowning myself in a bottle with it all. 

Hope you are coping ok mate and enjoying your holiday :) 

On 10/08/2022 at 01:38, Hoose Rice said:

You don't have to ask, you just post. I'm surprised you didn't know about this thread when you were having your troubles, but you're here now, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and support.

28 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You don't have to ask, you just post. I'm surprised you didn't know about this thread when you were having your troubles, but you're here now, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice and support.

Thanks mate.  Yeah me too.  Shows my ignorance sorry.

Just back from the doctors myself as not been coping or sleeping well at all just now financial crap not helping going around in circles and my arthritis has hit so feeling a little sorry for myself and really anxious.  On here all the time trying to keep mind off stuff while trying to sell some old stuff to get some money together :lol: 

Doctors trying with new meds for both head and body so see what happens. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

I think for the first time I am suffering from a bit of anxiety. My confusion is that I don't really know what it is about. I've noticed my eating has decreased, to the point I have very little appetite. I am struggling to concentrate a lot of the time, I seem to get hit by this wave of uneasiness. 

I've been living on my own for a while now, and sometimes it is no issue, but recently I have found that it feels very quiet, and I almost feel a bit lost. 

Definitely realised how hard it is for me to open up though (in person), my HR Manager asked the other day if everything is okay, and I just said yeah. Having this thread is very much appreciated. 

On 12/08/2022 at 11:53, Stellaboz said:

Hope things are looking up for you this week. 

5 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I think for the first time I am suffering from a bit of anxiety. My confusion is that I don't really know what it is about. I've noticed my eating has decreased, to the point I have very little appetite. I am struggling to concentrate a lot of the time, I seem to get hit by this wave of uneasiness. 

I've been living on my own for a while now, and sometimes it is no issue, but recently I have found that it feels very quiet, and I almost feel a bit lost. 

Definitely realised how hard it is for me to open up though (in person), my HR Manager asked the other day if everything is okay, and I just said yeah. Having this thread is very much appreciated. 

I went through a phase of that in my mid-30s. Lasted quite a while. No clue what it was but my wife certainly said I seemed withdrawn. 

Wish I could offer some advice here, but I have no clue what it was for me. it just seemed to fade with time. 

Anyone else get so so upset in their own flat you pay lots of money from instead of kicking about a bedroom at your mums house?

I hate being here.  Shit crap now in my mind and small things are massive.   Actually feeling so so low. Making dinner for myself instead of my mums amazing cooking - it is brilliant but wanted to do my own love cooking ends up crap as make too much usually for my kids too and cant stop crying. 

18 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Invite friends round for dinner or whatever, or go to there house, then do the switch.  Get/try to get folk to visit, make your house a home.

Also, which seems crazy but did work, decorate your living room, move the furniture around. 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Anyone else get so so upset in their own flat you pay lots of money from instead of kicking about a bedroom at your mums house?

I hate being here.  Shit crap now in my mind and small things are massive.   Actually feeling so so low. Making dinner for myself instead of my mums amazing cooking - it is brilliant but wanted to do my own love cooking ends up crap as make too much usually for my kids too and cant stop crying. 

Don't kid yourself, we're all shite cooks, just a different levels of shiteniss. Your Mum cooking was the best because it was your Mum, same here. I've not  tasted a spoonfull for 30 odd years. Nothing will beat her Tattie lasagne, I couldn't cook for f**k until I came here, found out that all you do is buy a wok and throw everything in you want for that day. Bingo Thai food (could sell in for $$$$), also watched a few easy YT videos, surprise yourself, when it happens it happens.