Depression

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Get them to mute it! I work in a team of five and we mute until someone asks a question. I’ve heard and seen plenty of dogs in my calls this week, it makes a call when a dog wants to come up to its owner on a call.

My doorbell went today when I was on a call with my manager. It’s some stupid Disney tune that I have been screaming to change, but don’t have a clue how to/she’s taken the remote and hidden it. My boss thought it was an ice cream van.

I'd prefer it if they all just fūcked off and left me alone.

I'd prefer it if they all just fūcked off and left me alone.

That would be class, but can’t see it! My work will have us working from home even if we are symptomatic and dying.

First day working from home tomorrow. Dining table now with monitors and laptops with just enough room for my 21month old daughter to have her breakfast lunch and dinner. 

On the plus I'm looking forward to having A state of trance, chicanes sunsets and Ferry Corstens countdown on the TV plus being able to listen to Popmaster at 10:30 without somecunt interrupting it. Sadly I'll only have tomorrow and Friday of that, then my wife is likely to be off on extended leave (teacher) and my hyper daughter bouncing about the place. 

Unfortunately the events industry is fucked, big time! So I won't actually have that much to do except push through another cancellation for a project in May. Potentially getting put on to a 2.5 or 3 day week from next month if the government support isn't there so tomorrow will probably be calls to nationwide and Royal Bank of Scotland, cannae wait 😔

Can it be July already? 

Unfortunately this whole thing is getting me down. Simple things in I like to travel a lot and thankfully I have a job that takes me away every month to somewhere and often enough I'm going over to Mönchengladbach or a weekend away with the wife. Stag do this weekend canceled, Istanbul next week cancelled, stay do in Prague probably unlikely to happen next month and clients aren't booking anything. 

Then the fitbaw is another thing I like to look forward to during the week, not just for the game but the atmosphere and banter, the 2 reasons why I can never watch football on TV. 

Money. The wife's a teacher and will likely be going on extended leave. We have idea if that will be on full pay or statutory guaranteed pay, if the latter plus with me potentially going onto a 2.5 or 3 day week, we could lose everything. Nationwide offering a 3 month payment holiday but no idea how we can afford our cars plus the loan we took out when renovating a few years ago. Safe to say getting debt advice is going to be near impossible so hoping the other companies offer payment holidays. 

I fucking hate winter with a passion, I'd be happy if I could hibernate from the clocks changing in October to March. Usually a summer holiday gives is something to look forward to, got Mallorca booked up for the start of July but now worrying that won't happen. 

Wee sister getting married at the end of April, she's in a state just now. Our dad is 71 and may not be able to go, that's if the wedding goes ahead. 

Lots of good colleagues who are freelancers all jumping on the dole, many losing everything they have worked hard for. 

My dad texting me yesterday with what sounded like goodbye chat, he's on his own in Biggar and whilst has many friends down there he can't do nothing, and for someone who beat a bad state of anxiety a few years ago, I really worry for him. Can't even take my 2 kids down to see him, the oldest pretty upset about that. 

My wee granny whos 100 years old and has vascular dementia is in a home in Ardrossan and they've closed the doors to all visitors for 4 months. She'll have forgotten who we all are by the time this is done 😢

I did say a few weeks ago that Governments had to take into account the impending mental health crisis but never once have I heard it mentioned. 

These next few weeks and months are going to be testing. I sound selfish as I could be in a war torn country or could be in much worse states as I've seen many examples on this page but you just can't help how you feel, especially when you could potentially lose your freedoms and everything you worked hard for... 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

10 hours ago, anotherchance said:

First day working from home today.

Feel totally empty, it sounds so pathetic compared to the issues others on here are going through - but I’m struggling without the “normal” work routine/banter, the fitba and the being able to go to the pub - such a big part of my life day to day.. Lucky to have a job and I know that’s the mindset I need to be in, but I’m struggling with the concept of only seeing these four walls for the foreseeable. I haven’t taken any leave this year, but if I do now then I’ll just be at home anyway without logging on remotely.

I also need to stop reading Twitter and searching for worst case scenarios - both me and my wife are lucky to have reasonably secure jobs, but I read “18 months of lockdown” and I can’t imagine how we’ll have our jobs at the end of it.

Feels like this is already having an overwhelming impact on my mental health. It isn’t really like me as I usually thrive upon the positive and get on with it.

Anyone else in a similar boat?

The media is only going to post the negative there is a lot of scaremongering the 18 months is a worst case scenario, easy way to look at it is the food is still going to get through (it has to), yes things will change but limit the time you are in high threat places so your limiting your exposure to it until you get home, the good hand hygiene is a given but theres only so far that will go i.e. soon as you touch a door, cashpoint keypad, shopping basket etc. read an article on it from harvard on it saying it can survive 3 hrs on copper, 24 hrs on card board and 3 days on any other metal surfaces. it can linger about for approx 3 hrs in droplet form (i.e. the main cause of spread of it and transferring of it)

I'm really feeling stressed out about this at the moment. 

Getting sent to work from home from end of play today, and frankly the social interaction is the only part of my job that makes it bearable. Taking calls from scared and angry folk (we work in an industry that has been effected a lot by this) and not being able to go a walk or a run afterwards is pretty terrifying. 

Was due to visit my girlfriend outside of London for the weekend but with yesterday's news that's the kibosh on that one. Considering just going down and self isolating with her. My flatmate's family live overseas too so she and her brother are thinking about going to stay at their house in Fife so I'd be on my own here. I'd worry about family around here but having worked in an office up until today I'd be avoiding them for the foreseeable anyway obviously. Only downside I can see is if things were to change here more quickly I could be goosed with work.

With my folks being in Spain I'm not too worried but sad I can't see them. My brother is polis so he's going to be on overtime central which he won't mind as he gets out the house. Grandad's pretty frail anyway and was in hospital overnight Monday, thank God no major issues and all covid tests were negative. What a shit storm the whole thing is

Guest bernardblack

Anxiety is through the roof with all this. Media doesn’t help at all. Working from home isn’t helping but really should just be happy to still be working.

On a plus side, I got 28 in Pop Master this morning (That 1 point was a half name that the caller got for the same question 😀) Getting all 3 bonus questions helped! Worth saying I only got 6 in the other one!

So first day in the home office, not that bad so far but f**k me it is easy to skive. Easy enough when you've got nothing to do except deal with phone calls on the back of 3 further cancellations that came in this morning. The latest for June 😔

As I said earlier, can it be July?? A lot of will power is going to be required here I think.

Anxiety is through the roof with all this. Media doesn’t help at all. Working from home isn’t helping but really should just be happy to still be working.

It is incredibly difficult. Working from home is an occasional novelty under normal circumstances, but at the end of week one I’m already feeling claustrophobic like the walls are closing in, and I’m also physically sore as I don’t have a proper office type seat, desk and monitor at home.

I'm in the mindset of actually wondering what the fucking point is anymore. I'm shit scared what the next months or possibly longer will bring.

Been there mate. All gets very overwhelming and think it’s pointless. Keep the head up mate, the cloud will pass.

Well, apparently in Illinois car service and sales is regarded as “essential”, car being an “extension” of the home so I’ll at least be working some days a week.

TBH being fresh into recovery I really wasn’t looking forward to “dead time”, especially as the library is closed, so this I a little ray of light for me.

I hope all you guys out there will be ok, feel free to pm if you need to.

RN

Well, apparently in Illinois car service and sales is regarded as “essential”, car being an “extension” of the home so I’ll at least be working some days a week.

TBH being fresh into recovery I really wasn’t looking forward to “dead time”, especially as the library is closed, so this I a little ray of light for me.

I hope all you guys out there will be ok, feel free to pm if you need to.

RN

I know this doesn't make up for the social bit, but for actual material you can use https://www.chipublib.org/ebooks/ if your library card's a city one mate. There's also the Hoopla app if not.

Guest Moomintroll
The wife asked 'Are you going to get fat and depressed again?' last night.
Charming, I thought.
The answer is an emphatic no though. I'm not going back there for anything. 
Hope everyone is keeping positive and well.
I am one of the lucky ones as my job means I will still be out & about throughout so will do my damndest to keep the dog away, I fully intend to remain fat throughout however. In all seriousness however, this is going to affect a lot of people & if anyone on here is feeling it then get on this thread & talk about it.

11 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
The wife asked 'Are you going to get fat and depressed again?' last night.
Charming, I thought.
The answer is an emphatic no though. I'm not going back there for anything. 
Hope everyone is keeping positive and well.

I am one of the lucky ones as my job means I will still be out & about throughout so will do my damndest to keep the dog away, I fully intend to remain fat throughout however. In all seriousness however, this is going to affect a lot of people & if anyone on here is feeling it then get on this thread & talk about it.

I'm stuck at home but I'll be running everyday and another bit of exercise in the house.

There's definitely been a voice in the head suggesting I hit the beer harder during this but I owe it to the Mrs if not myself not to.

But absolutely, this thread shouldn't be dropping to page 2 like it was this morning.

I'm stuck at home but I'll be running everyday and another bit of exercise in the house.
There's definitely been a voice in the head suggesting I hit the beer harder during this but I owe it to the Mrs if not myself not to.
But absolutely, this thread shouldn't be dropping to page 2 like it was this morning.

To avoid exactly that, and all that comes with it for me, I’ve come back down to Fife and told my mum I’m taking as an opportunity to abstain. It’ll be tough as f**k but needs must tbh