9 hours ago, RH33 said:

Two ‘meltdowns’ in four days partly as my sleep fucked. Diff sleep meds and a week off work.

Fix the sleep and hopefully the rest follows.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Lack of quality sleep is brutal. An actual destroyer of men.

I’ve struggled with spells of mild insomnia since my teens. I say mild because it’s only once in a blue moon that I literally don’t sleep at-all, and usually manage an hour or two on a good night. Doesn’t happen all that often, but when it does it can add or bring on a low mood through confusion.

I’ve found myself feeling really run down and low many times.
Sometimes it’s because I’m worried about things and can’t get to sleep. Other times I wonder if I’m just worrying about things I shouldn’t worry about because I haven’t slept.

So like you say, fix the sleep and hopefully the rest follows.

Sleep deprivation is a killer.

When I broke my rib last year I was in too much pain to sleep for a wee while and it hit me really hard. All the tools I had to battle my mental issues just failed (not to mention I couldn't exercise) and I started crumbling pretty quickly. I then made the cardinal sin of having a few beers to help me sleep. It didn't really make me sleep and made me feel a lot worse.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Anyone heard from @DA Baracus lately and let us know he's doing ok? @Stellaboz ?

Aye I believe he's just taking a break from the forum for a while. 

He's really just sh*ting it incase he popped up on the 50 Worst poster threads...

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye I believe he's just taking a break from the forum for a while. 

He's really just sh*ting it incase he popped up on the 50 Worst poster threads...

Tell him he won it.

9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Tell him he won it.

Image result for oh you are awful but i like you gif"

Had a minor meltdown on Sunday, which was very out of the blue. I'd had a really fun dinner out with family for my Mum's birthday but just fell to pieces for hours back at the flat. Have no idea what set it off but any little thing was setting me off, including running out of episodes of a TV show I like and seeing a couple of old pics on FB.

I often have fairly quick swings of mood but rarely that fast and rarely that low.

On 08/12/2012 at 04:35, paranoid android said:

Depression is a c**t of a thing that millions of people have to deal with - better to talk about it, rather than sweeping it under the carpet, don't you think?

totally agree

Positive- Started CBT yesterday downside of it is havent stop breaking into tears.

Hello again. My news this week is that I found out I'm being fired from the job I've only been doing for 4 months. No real surprise - my work performance has been atrocious and I'd been clued in it was coming. Curiously, now that's it's finally happened I'm not really all that bothered. Being 57 years old with no income and a wife on disability in Trump's America is a pretty bleak outlook but for the moment, I'm just feeling relieved that this major source of stress is going away.

I suspect the new medication has a lot to do with it but considering that only 3 weeks ago, I was a crumpled dysfunctional wreck, I'll take it.

Onwards and upwards.

It's not right to say it but sometimes I have to read this thread to make me realise how lucky I am, despite my trauchles.

Stumbled across this thread after a shit stressful nightshift.

After reading a bit it's really actually cheered me up and helped me put things into perspective.

It's good to know that there's so many people looking after and helping each other.

After reading a bit it's really actually cheered me up and helped me put things into perspective.
It's good to know that there's so many people looking after and helping each other.

It’s a sair fecht

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yes, I'm something of a voyeur on this thread.

It can make for rather an upsetting read at times, but it can also be uplifting in terms of how people treat each other.  A welcome antidote to the recent bullying threads on the same forum.

It can make for rather an upsetting read at times, but it can also be uplifting in terms of how people treat each other.  A welcome antidote to the recent bullying threads on the same forum.

Likewise. Don’t post much on here but often find it helpful to read.

^^^ boring

I think this is the first time I've ventured onto this thread. I won't go into all the details, but I have anxiety and feel not a lot works for me. 

But recently discovered two podcasts: Where is my mind, from Niall Breslin and Owning It from Caroline Foran. Which brought me me back from near panic attack. I found particularly the experiences and views of Niall Breslin quite similar to mine. His voice is also, for some reason, a very compelling and easy listen. It's different to your usual bullshit soothing tone which serves more to irritate me than help, maybe that's just me. 

Anyway, getting me through a bit of dark patch. Fear and anxiety is absolute fucking hell on earth. I thought f**k it, might as well share this, if it helps anyone at all, then great. I found them both on Spotify, but I'm sure there on other Podcast apps.

On 05/01/2020 at 11:56, The Gypsy King said:

I  feel a lot better now. 

In my profession, males with experience (oh err missus!) are highly sought after as there is still a push within healthcare to challenge the idea that it's a feminine profession. So I should find something else no problem, and have applied for many vacancies.

Fortunately I have enough "spare" money for finding new work to not be a matter of extreme urgency, and to have the luxury of being able to afford to be "fussy" and only apply for jobs that I would actually want. Even if it's only a short-term thing to keep money coming in.

So yes, I'm not going to starve to death or end up on the street even if I haven't found a new job by the end of my current notice period.

A wee update.

I left my job on Sunday, said goodbye to my colleagues and the people I supported and recieved some very nice cards and presents from my colleagues.

I was unemployed for less than a day before I was hired for a very good job with a reputable company. On paper, it's an even better job than the one I just left.

So yes, I've landed on my feet and am very happy with how things have turned out.

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

A wee update.

I left my job on Sunday, said goodbye to my colleagues and the people I supported and recieved some very nice cards and presents from my colleagues.

I was unemployed for less than a day before I was hired for a very good job with a reputable company. On paper, it's an even better job than the one I just left.

So yes, I've landed on my feet and am very happy with how things have turned out.

Good news and good luck in the new job.

You know something, having been fired from my job for taking my second sick day in 9 months, I feel somewhat liberated. I’m on a high not a downer.

It seems mad to say it but it’s how I feel. I think probably because it gives me a couple of weeks to get ahead of everything for uni etc. But still, I actually feel great. After the cursing my former boss for a few hours straight haha.