Depression

Keep talking bud. That tail will soon be pointing forwards.

Just blindsided a bit by something unexpected. Thought I was acceptant and somewhat expectant of it but few drinks and now I know where it’s headed. No reason not to go off the rails this weekend now. Know it’s not the best idea, know it’s what will happen though.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Just blindsided a bit by something unexpected. Thought I was acceptant and somewhat expectant of it but few drinks and now I know where it’s headed. No reason not to go off the rails this weekend now. Know it’s not the best idea, know it’s what will happen though.

Hope you’re okay you big dosser! 

21 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Well, f**k!
Relapsed!
emoji21.png
5 days drinking. Near wrecked my car. Had enough sense to get stepdaughter #2 to take me to the ER.
Went to a mental health care unit voluntarily for a week then, voluntarily again, a 28 day rehab.
Discharged yesterday and now in a sober living home for a minimum of 6 months.
So far it’s looking good, I like the structure here.

Bad news is stepdaughter #1 has completely shut me off. Didn’t answer my calls, has not responded to the letter I sent (counselor in rehab thought it was a good idea of mine and liked the letter I wrote), today came into the house while I was doing laundry. I said “Hi, how are you?”, she just silently went upstairs and shut her bedroom door.
I’ve decided not to let it get to me so I just carried on, left about 20 minutes later.
I’m managing to cope without getting into any depression-type funk and I’m sleeping a bit better ( pretty sure the drugs are helping).
So, all in all, a f**k up but I’m bouncing back.

Hopefully not TL;DR emoji106.png

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. Good to read you are bouncing back. 

Hope you’re okay you big dosser! 

Cheers mate. Appreciate it...but you’re not a fighting man, yer a bum dosser.
Thanks though, I’ll be fine, just need to get through my 2/3 days of self destruction, few days of self loathing/pity and hopefully I’ll see you all on the other side. Roll on the self destruction from here for the next x amount of hours. Keep well

7 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Cheers mate. Appreciate it...but you’re not a fighting man, yer a bum dosser.
Thanks though, I’ll be fine, just need to get through my 2/3 days of self destruction, few days of self loathing/pity and hopefully I’ll see you all on the other side. Roll on the self destruction from here for the next x amount of hours. Keep well

Take care of yourself anyway. Most definitely feel free to drop me a line if you need a chat. 

Take care of yourself anyway. Most definitely feel free to drop me a line if you need a chat. 

Thanks mate, appreciated. It’ll just be good old fashioned drunkenness and debauchery for the next few days to try and mist the things I’m not happy about. It won’t help long term but that’s a bridge to cross then, probably on Monday.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Thanks mate, appreciated. It’ll just be good old fashioned drunkenness and debauchery for the next few days to try and mist the things I’m not happy about. It won’t help long term but that’s a bridge to cross then, probably on Monday.

Just don't go giving yourself any daft drinking injuries. That includes re-enacting Fury v Wilder. And don't feel guilty for enjoying yourself. 

Nothing wrong with taking a couple of days to a) absorb whatever’s happened and b) just absolve yourself of a few pressures for a weekend.

The trick is knowing when to let reality back in and face up to everything head on. Something I struggled with for a long time!

Hope you're feeling a bit better now. Have you thought about doing exercise instead of drinking?
Dont mean to sound preachy or whatever but have tried both and exercise definitely wins for me.

Nothing wrong with taking a couple of days to a) absorb whatever’s happened and b) just absolve yourself of a few pressures for a weekend.

The trick is knowing when to let reality back in and face up to everything head on. Something I struggled with for a long time!

Thank you mate. Will get the weekend out the way (make a c**t of it) but will get the head back screwed on next week.
Hope you're feeling a bit better now. Have you thought about doing exercise instead of drinking?
Dont mean to sound preachy or whatever but have tried both and exercise definitely wins for me.

Thank you. Not preachy at all - I really struggled when I couldn’t exercise because my knee so understand the benefits of exercise. Will try and get to the gym tomorrow before probably get back on it, but see how the evening carries on. Boys said about the pub tonight, after a shite week it calls far louder than the gym unfortunately.

Hope everything works out for you NJ2. You have been one of the most insightful and helpful posters on this thread. Just hope that you can get the help you need now.

Thank you. It will be fine. Just feels like everything was starting to pick up and now that probably isn’t going to be the case, which isn’t ideal.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, lakersgirl said:

I recently was diagnosed with depression and since I didn't want to use anything very heavy and therapy was not enough. I started taking CBD recently though. It helps with my anxiety so hopefully it will /help with the depression a little bit too

Seems legit...

1 hour ago, lakersgirl said:

I recently was diagnosed with depression and since I didn't want to use anything very heavy and therapy was not enough. I started taking CBD recently though. It helps with my anxiety so hopefully it will /help with the depression a little bit too

@Tynierose

having a rough time of it just now, life just feels utterly pointless and everything I do to help me feel better isn't working. I'm not sleeping and I can tell it's all just building u to the point where I won't be able to take it anymore.

Just need an outlet or something.

Really low moods at the moment, and work is contributing to that heavily. There is a really good chance of me getting something else, but it won't be until July at the earliest. The wife's health hasn't been great at times, and she's only managing to work part time at the moment, and I've been doing a lot more round the house than normal, leaving me tired and burnt out. The result is I'm very grumpy and unreasonable, and it's starting to spill over into my working day. I'm trying to take positive steps to sort things out, starting with deleting all my social media accounts, as I was spending far too much time on them, and I was beginning to fall out with the wife about it, plus its all a lot of negative and boring shite half the time, something I need to cut out of my life. Keeping my p&b account going though, as there a lot of sound c***s on here. There's also an element of loneliness as well, yeh I'm married and know a lot of other males through friends of the wife, but I've not got the close knit group of friends I used to have.

Guest Moomintroll
Really low moods at the moment, and work is contributing to that heavily. There is a really good chance of me getting something else, but it won't be until July at the earliest. The wife's health hasn't been great at times, and she's only managing to work part time at the moment, and I've been doing a lot more round the house than normal, leaving me tired and burnt out. The result is I'm very grumpy and unreasonable, and it's starting to spill over into my working day. I'm trying to take positive steps to sort things out, starting with deleting all my social media accounts, as I was spending far too much time on them, and I was beginning to fall out with the wife about it, plus its all a lot of negative and boring shite half the time, something I need to cut out of my life. Keeping my p&b account going though, as there a lot of sound c***s on here. There's also an element of loneliness as well, yeh I'm married and know a lot of other males through friends of the wife, but I've not got the close knit group of friends I used to have.
KTF philpy, most of us go through shite times like that. I am on the upswing right now so it's all good but I know that a few weeks or months from now it will all come crashing down & I will be the most useless human being on the Planet. Focus on that work opportunity & look forward to it rather than hating your current job. Snorkmaiden went back to her old place and is hating it, the place she left want her back and will get her back in as soon as they free up a wage. If you do a good job people will want you & you will enjoy it.

KTF philpy, most of us go through shite times like that. I am on the upswing right now so it's all good but I know that a few weeks or months from now it will all come crashing down & I will be the most useless human being on the Planet. Focus on that work opportunity & look forward to it rather than hating your current job. Snorkmaiden went back to her old place and is hating it, the place she left want her back and will get her back in as soon as they free up a wage. If you do a good job people will want you & you will enjoy it.
Cheers bud. It's shite with the work situation, as my bosses are good guys, but it's the powers that be are making it more difficult. We were bought over by a national group of shareholding companies a couple of years ago, and the changes brought into place have been horrific.