Depression

Just now, SlipperyP said:

Got a phone call at 11am, that they wanted to changed the time to 12.  High noon, Was not a problem was already sitting about waiting.

Got there, sat for 30 mins.......

All went well, did my best. 

2 interviewers good cop bad cop style.  1 hour which I though was long. Took me on a site tour to meet other employees, very strange, but I got past it smoothly. 

Will get a phone call in the next day or two. 

Best of luck hope you get good news!

7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Best of luck hope you get good news!

Thanks mate, you should give this link for all to see. As I said I took time, if you go through all the tools (do it right), well worth it. Gave me inspiration .  I totally recommend it.  The tools part were spot on with me, which gave me confidence.

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Good luck mate! Hope it’s not at an animal shelter though...

You read my posts all wrong. I have 2 cats, 9 dogs, 3 ponds full of fish (to sell), probably snakes and rats...geckos all round and fucking mosquito all within striking distance. 

I worked here for 6 months https://www.billabongsanctuary.com.au/ before I went up north to work with the aborigine community, mainly education for children..Why I mention them, the taught  me how to cook most of them. 

Dogs who want to bite me or anyone else. ok you got me.. 

Edited by SlipperyP
why the aborigine

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Thanks mate, you should give this link for all to see. As I said I took time, if you go through all the tools (do it right), well worth it. Gave me inspiration .  I totally recommend it.  The tools part were spot on with me, which gave me confidence.

Glad to hear!

For anyone else who thinks it night be of use this is the Skills Development Scotland website - they also do face to face employability meetings which I found useful.

https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/getting-job/building-cv

Applied for a new job today.

Approached manager about why he was basically lying without saying so.

More lies and excuses and blaming others.

Actually said this

Sssh sssh someone might hear.

What hear you telling people different things all the time?

I know that they had everything to do with not telling me the role was available because I spoke to the person who who got it and they were asked to apply by the same manager.

What an absolute bampot of a boi, properly fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Actually said this

I know that they had everything to do with not telling me the role was available because I spoke to the person who got it and they were asked to apply by the same manager.

What an absolute bampot of a boi

Unfortunately worked in that kind of atmosphere they dont like it when you start telling it as it is or put them on the spot,  Good to see your looking elsewhere and best of luck with the application

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Actually said this

I know that they had everything to do with not telling me the role was available because I spoke to the person who who got it and they were asked to apply by the same manager.

What an absolute bampot of a boi, properly fucking stupid.

Saying Sssh sssh, is a cue for you to raise your voice.

Well done on applying for another job though. Best of luck.

Two ‘meltdowns’ in four days partly as my sleep fucked. Diff sleep meds and a week off work.
Fix the sleep and hopefully the rest follows.

Lack of quality sleep is brutal. An actual destroyer of men.

I’ve struggled with spells of mild insomnia since my teens. I say mild because it’s only once in a blue moon that I literally don’t sleep at-all, and usually manage an hour or two on a good night. Doesn’t happen all that often, but when it does it can add or bring on a low mood through confusion.

I’ve found myself feeling really run down and low many times.
Sometimes it’s because I’m worried about things and can’t get to sleep. Other times I wonder if I’m just worrying about things I shouldn’t worry about because I haven’t slept.

So like you say, fix the sleep and hopefully the rest follows.

9 hours ago, RH33 said:

Two ‘meltdowns’ in four days partly as my sleep fucked. Diff sleep meds and a week off work.

Fix the sleep and hopefully the rest follows.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Lack of quality sleep is brutal. An actual destroyer of men.

I’ve struggled with spells of mild insomnia since my teens. I say mild because it’s only once in a blue moon that I literally don’t sleep at-all, and usually manage an hour or two on a good night. Doesn’t happen all that often, but when it does it can add or bring on a low mood through confusion.

I’ve found myself feeling really run down and low many times.
Sometimes it’s because I’m worried about things and can’t get to sleep. Other times I wonder if I’m just worrying about things I shouldn’t worry about because I haven’t slept.

So like you say, fix the sleep and hopefully the rest follows.

Sleep deprivation is a killer.

When I broke my rib last year I was in too much pain to sleep for a wee while and it hit me really hard. All the tools I had to battle my mental issues just failed (not to mention I couldn't exercise) and I started crumbling pretty quickly. I then made the cardinal sin of having a few beers to help me sleep. It didn't really make me sleep and made me feel a lot worse.