Depression

9 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Damn, you're right, I always get those two mixed up, hope he's o.k., I wonder if [mention=46398]Chicken Wing[/mention]got hold of him?

I did, he messaged me sunday morning.

Good

Said it before but exercise has done far more for me fighting mental health issues than any NHS treatment I was offered over 8/9 years.

Works been a bit more stressful recently and made some mistakes that can often be the start of a bad cycle for me. Went for a run this morning pre work and it has absolutely cleared my head for the day coming. Couldn't recommend it enough.

@DA Baracus regarding the "it's too late" and thinking you've missed the boat in life, my old dear didn't start training to be a nurse until she was in her 50s, with no previous experience in anything remotely like healthcare. I'm not saying you should be a nurse but there's one example. 

Have you ever taken the Dundee boys up on their offer of a game of 5s? If the footage of @Melanius Mullarkey is anything to go by then as long as you can walk you will at least be on their level, footballwise.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

@DA Baracus regarding the "it's too late" and thinking you've missed the boat in life, my old dear didn't start training to be a nurse until she was in her 50s, with no previous experience in anything remotely like healthcare. I'm not saying you should be a nurse but there's one example. 

Have you ever taken the Dundee boys up on their offer of a game of 5s? If the footage of @Melanius Mullarkey is anything to go by then as long as you can walk you will at least be on their level, footballwise.

Harsh, but fair.

(although not sure what that says about @johnnydun....)

I think I’m not alone in thinking this thread is by far & away the most helpful & important thread on the entire site.
It’s really heartening to see virtual strangers reach out & offer advice, company etc.
@D.A. Baracus if that’s what people who only really know you through your posts on here, find you witty & intelligent & have real concern over your wellbeing, just think what your friends, colleagues & family feel.
I hope you get through this & please don’t stop posting. No-one should ever be embarrassed by anything posted on this thread, nothing you’ve posted is remotely embarrassing & if it helps just a fraction, it’s well worth it. Like others have said, I’m happy to receive PMs if you (or others) want a tiny bit of outside perspective.

14 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I think I’m not alone in thinking this thread is by far & away the most helpful & important thread on the entire site.
It’s really heartening to see virtual strangers reach out & offer advice, company etc.
@D.A. Baracus if that’s what people who only really know you through your posts on here, find you witty & intelligent & have real concern over your wellbeing, just think what your friends, colleagues & family feel.
I hope you get through this & please don’t stop posting. No-one should ever be embarrassed by anything posted on this thread, nothing you’ve posted is remotely embarrassing & if it helps just a fraction, it’s well worth it. Like others have said, I’m happy to receive PMs if you (or others) want a tiny bit of outside perspective.

Spot on BB.  I'm also here if anyone wants an older gentleman's view on things.  I've got myself all sorted now, but went through my own periods of "canny cope" times in getting to this point.  It might just help to get a (friendly) outside perspective from the brotherhood that is P & B. A thread like this genuinely brings out the best in the contributors.