Depression

Work is only work and if it was getting you down, then letting go of that is a good move.
Keep in mind though that it's good to have a bit of a focus and work can provide that. Although, if you get that from elsewhere then bash on and enjoy yourself. It's just a job.
It was annoying me and burning me out. Was sitting at weekends worrying about it and then after being told no it was so ridiculous that I saw the workplace for what it was and that it would destroy me if I continued this way.
I still want to do a days work but no more late nights or taking it home.
All the anxiety and worry has just gone though. I can get drive and focus through developing fitness and learning new stuff outside work.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

It was annoying me and burning me out. Was sitting at weekends worrying about it and then after being told no it was so ridiculous that I saw the workplace for what it was and that it would destroy me if I continued this way.
I still want to do a days work but no more late nights or taking it home.
All the anxiety and worry has just gone though. I can get drive and focus through developing fitness and learning new stuff outside work.

Good man.

Easier said than done, especially depending on the job, but work should be left at work. I know not everyone can do this, but I point blank refuse to have work-related things in my home or to do anything over my weekend. It's great.

I moved jobs earlier this year and it's been great for me. Much like you, ensuring it takes up less of my life and that I keep it in perspective.

It's just a job.

Edited by JTS98

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

My brother died today

Condolences. That's really bad news, I am sorry to hear it.

I would hope that you will be strong enough to keep the four month run going, and I guess this is an opportunity for you to be even stronger than you have been up to now, but it's definitely a bad time for it. We are all with you. 

And......
No arrangements can be made yet as the police have decided to send him to Inverness for a post mortem exam because it’s a sudden death.
Now they didn’t do that after my Dad died so I can only think there’s something I’m not being told.

I suspect either there’s an injury/injuries and they want to check pre/post mortem (could have died, fallen, hit head etc.) or he was dead for over 24 hours which contradicts what I was told by his ex and their son.
I’m getting irritated

And......
No arrangements can be made yet as the police have decided to send him to Inverness for a post mortem exam because it’s a sudden death.
Now they didn’t do that after my Dad died so I can only think there’s something I’m not being told.

I suspect either there’s an injury/injuries and they want to check pre/post mortem (could have died, fallen, hit head etc.) or he was dead for over 24 hours which contradicts what I was told by his ex and their son.
I’m getting irritated

Sorry to hear all this mate.

If you come through this without any slip ups though what an incredible achievement.

39 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

And......

I’m getting irritated

Its quite common.  When my old dear died the undertaker warned me that there are more "random" PM checks these days for various reasons (Shipman etc if they have been in hospital recently).  Most of the time it reveals nothing but is frustrating as it does hold things up. Hopefully nothing to worry about RN.

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its quite common.  When my old dear died the undertaker warned me that there are more "random" PM checks these days for various reasons (Shipman etc if they have been in hospital recently).  Most of the time it reveals nothing but is frustrating as it does hold things up. Hopefully nothing to worry about RN.

Same. When I had to go register my mother's death, the registrar mentioned that they might have a random selection for extra checks or something... forgive me a lot of that time is hazy as f**k in my mind but there was something like that and it meant I had to wait an extra day or two for the doctor's certificate. Nothing sinister though.

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Same. When I had to go register my mother's death, the registrar mentioned that they might have a random selection for extra checks or something... forgive me a lot of that time is hazy as f**k in my mind but there was something like that and it meant I had to wait an extra day or two for the doctor's certificate. Nothing sinister though.

That is correct, registrar told me the same, when they hit the enter button on the computer it is like a lottery and it comes back telling you whether you have been unlucky enough to be selected or not. Absolute monumental pain in the arse for those selected while trying to get a funeral arranged but I guess required for the greater good.

And......

I’m getting irritated

Really sorry to hear that buddy, condolences to you and your family.

I wouldn’t read too much into it when my mother in law died despite it being obvious why they had to do one as she hadn’t been to the doctors in a fair few months.

• 3 weeks later...

Was dead for over 24 hours hence police involved.

Liver failure, no surprise there.

I ended up admitting myself to hospital last week because of all the shit with this, work, family and more.

I did do the right thing, I knew I was going to hit the bottle hard and not give a f**k so before I started I went and got help.

Still feel like shit, still more upset than I expected to be, but still sober and alive!

On 16/10/2019 at 21:10, Raidernation said:

Was dead for over 24 hours hence police involved.

Liver failure, no surprise there.

I ended up admitting myself to hospital last week because of all the shit with this, work, family and more.

I did do the right thing, I knew I was going to hit the bottle hard and not give a f**k so before I started I went and got help.

Still feel like shit, still more upset than I expected to be, but still sober and alive!

Well done mate, I think we're all glad to hear you're still sober and doing alright, notwithstanding you feel like shit. 

[quote post="13263831" timestamp="1571256600" name="Raidernation" userid="40968"

Well done mate. When folks say you've got to take the little victories, you did yourself an Inverness humping Celtic there.