Depression

Sounds like you're recovering and sorting yourself out really well. Don't suppose there's a way to check if she's going to be around on your day in the office? 
If you do bump into her I'd try to be cooly polite then blank her as much as possible without being overtly hostile.
Thanks, there's not really any way of checking. It's a massive building and we'll be on different floors and departments so the chances of seeing her are minimal but I suppose it's the slight chance of it happening that's getting me panicked.
Has she... FOLLOWED you up there? :blink:
I don't think so, the person she was having the affair with lives in Scotland and she used to come up every second weekend but I'd presumed it due to her being homesick and missing her family. So I imagine she was always going to be moving up regardless.

43 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Stupidly, all our debts were in my name so I've been lumped with thousands of pounds worth that I'll need to figure out how to pay off.

Alternatively you could scream, where's my fucking money bitch! When you've trapped her in a broom cupboard, obviously.

12 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Thanks, there's not really any way of checking. It's a massive building and we'll be on different floors and departments so the chances of seeing her are minimal but I suppose it's the slight chance of it happening that's getting me panicked. I don't think so, the person she was having the affair with lives in Scotland and she used to come up every second weekend but I'd presumed it due to her being homesick and missing her family. So I imagine she was always going to be moving up regardless.

You can't leave it to chance. It's a nailed on certainty you'll bump in to her. Either have a plan to avoid or have a strategy for when you do meet her. Pie boot etc etc is probably out of the question. Maybe just control it, go up to her say hello and walk away.

I know this thread is mainly about depression but has anyone dealt with or knows someone who has dealt with psychosis or something similar?

I don't really understand how it'll work if (assuming I'm diagnosing correctly) it's discussed with a GP. What will the process involve?Is there a standard time off they'll give? What happens with their job? Will they have to go back to work after x amount of months no matter what?
I just want to get out in front of it before appointments start being made.

Got another account but wanted to keep it private.

Not for me btw. A friend.

Thanks for any info.

55 minutes ago, Za4321 said:

I know this thread is mainly about depression but has anyone dealt with or knows someone who has dealt with psychosis or something similar?

I don't really understand how it'll work if (assuming I'm diagnosing correctly) it's discussed with a GP. What will the process involve?Is there a standard time off they'll give? What happens with their job? Will they have to go back to work after x amount of months no matter what?

Thanks for any info.

Think that's too vague for anyone to give you useful answers. The GP might or might not refer your friend to a psychologist or psychiatrist, medicine may or may not be prescribed, inpatient or outpatient care might be provided, or not. The GP might just suggest some fresh air, exercise and going to bed early. And there won't be a standard time off etc. 

1 hour ago, Za4321 said:

Thanks for any info.

Not sure if this would help or give any direction:

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/what-is-psychosis

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Not sure if this would help or give any direction:

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/what-is-psychosis

Thanks. I had a read through it. Some of the parts mentioned in the diagnosis section are accurate with him, particularly the delusions.

Convincing someone that their thoughts aren't real is difficult to say the least. I've tried and failed to get him to talk to a doctor before. Don't know what else to do.

5 minutes ago, Za4321 said:

Thanks. I had a read through it. Some of the parts mentioned in the diagnosis section are accurate with him, particularly the delusions.

Convincing someone that their thoughts aren't real is difficult to say the least. I've tried and failed to get him to talk to a doctor before. Don't know what else to do.

NHS one gives a bit better guidance on the subject:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/psychosis/

16 hours ago, Za4321 said:

Thanks for any info.

I had it for a short while, mainly due to cocaine and speed use. And I'll tell you it was the fuckin scariest thing ever. 

When I was fucked I had developed a liking for listening to Irish rebel music. Then when I was coming down I used to hear the songs playing clear as day in my head as if they were on the radio. I'll never forget walking down Sauchiehall Street and all I could hear was Graffiti on the Wall blaring and it was coming from my head. I was asking people in pubs to turn the music off as well when there wasn't even any on.

Honestly, ye can kinda laugh at how i got the symptoms,  Up the ra 24/7 but it was mental. I never told the doctor as I'd probably have got sectioned. It went away after coming and going for several weeks. Awful thing. 

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyway, sorry for the bore, but you’re all good c***s on this thread and for anyone suffering, your time to beat it like I have is coming.

Absolutely tremendous. Well done.

You can’t convince them. It’s real, to them at least. Never pretend you can hear/see them either. “I’m sorry, I can’t hear/see what you are but I can see you’re really distracted” or something along these lines. It’s best to try get them to sit down somewhere and ensure they can’t hurt themselves or become more worked up. I’ve experienced hallucinations before and it’s scary as f**k and really confusing.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyway, sorry for the bore, but you’re all good c***s on this thread and for anyone suffering, your time to beat it like I have is coming.

Yeah, hats off to you for completing the marathon.  I managed to get up to 5k on the Couch To 5k programme and it was torture, but the reward of completing it more than compensated.

I just can't imagine extending that to a marathon though, so well done again.

Incidentally, has this curbed your cynicism and and your general '30 going on 70' views on life?

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

I had it for a short while, mainly due to cocaine and speed use. And I'll tell you it was the fuckin scariest thing ever. 

When I was fucked I had developed a liking for listening to Irish rebel music. Then when I was coming down I used to hear the songs playing clear as day in my head as if they were on the radio. I'll never forget walking down Sauchiehall Street and all I could hear was Graffiti on the Wall blaring and it was coming from my head. I was asking people in pubs to turn the music off as well when there wasn't even any on.

Honestly, ye can kinda laugh at how i got the symptoms,  Up the ra 24/7 but it was mental. I never told the doctor as I'd probably have got sectioned. It went away after coming and going for several weeks. Awful thing. 

Did you discuss it with family/friends?

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

You can’t convince them. It’s real, to them at least. Never pretend you can hear/see them either. “I’m sorry, I can’t hear/see what you are but I can see you’re really distracted” or something along these lines. It’s best to try get them to sit down somewhere and ensure they can’t hurt themselves or become more worked up. I’ve experienced hallucinations before and it’s scary as f**k and really confusing.

It's not so much the hallucinations, more a lack of trust in anyone around him (including family). Thinking everyone is working against him, talking behind his back, wife is cheating etc. All made worse by alcohol, no hobbies and a stressful job. He has no interest in doing anything about those issues either.

Thanks.

Edited by Za4321

It's not so much the hallucinations, more a lack of trust in anyone around him (including family). Thinking everyone is working against him, talking behind his back, wife is cheating etc. All made worse by alcohol, no hobbies and a stressful job. He has no interest in doing anything about those issues either.
Thanks.

I think all you can do is suggest he speaks to professionals. I’ve experienced something quite similar, a guy I know was having similar issues - it was substance and stress related though so once he stopped the substances, he could address what he was stressing about and things came back together, and pretty quickly tbh. Hopefully your mate can get help and see that his nearest and dearest just want what’s best.